Slippery Tape...It Works!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by superfuzz30 View Post
    Going to try this at least around the toe area tonight for the first time. Just got a new set of pads and wearing in the leather to where it does not catch you up is a total bitch.

I haven't put it on yet but does this stuff stay on the pads well without heating it? Seems like it could be a little more sticky.
    After reading this thread in it's entirety, I would say for best adhesion and shape molding, heat is the way to go.

Comment

• Philly Custom Sports now has those slick sheets in white and black. Much, much better aesthetically and I would argue performance-wise, given its ability to overlap bindings etc.

Comment

• This stuff works! I ordered some after reading this thread from McMaster and I wouldnt play roller now without it. It makes sliding much easier and is much easier on my hamstrings and groin. I used to have to really PUSH hard to get any sort of slide, now I can do it with ease. Im sure its not as good as ice, but its way better than without it. I taped my pads all up and it lasted about 12 games before I needed to reapply to the high wear areas (it was starting to pull in the corners). Easy to remove, no residue. I always heat it up to help it take shape and adhere the best it can. Great stuff.

Comment

• Would anyone be willing to ship some of this to the UK for me?
          I can't find anywhere that sells it without getting the really thick stuff.

Comment

• Has anyone tried this tape in the UK??
            http://www.theptfeshop.com/uhmw-tape-0-13mm-thick.html

How good is it??

Comment

• Goalie33Avs
              Goalie33Avs commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep I use it. Its really good, but expensive.
              Also, you'll need to use a heat gun and that will screw the leather up after a while

• any newer feedback on this topic ?
            thx

Comment

• gonna try this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

• My original post was from 2011. Since then, I took a bunch of time off, and am now back to playing, but on ice. My original tape job went through about 3-4 seasons of roller hockey on sport-court. I remember definitely feeling a lot more mobility compared to pre-tape games. Easier on my joints too, because the pads had a little give/movement when I would drop into position. Since that time, I'm finishing my first year on ice, and the tape on my left inside knee has finally started to wear a hole in it. I think I actually still get some benefit with the tape even on ice, although it can be a deficit at times if Islide too far and end up out of position.

If I was still playing inline hockey, Slippery Tape would remain a MUST for me, and it would actually influence which pads I would buy next based on how clean the pad face is for applying tape...

Comment

Working...
                X