Toe ties catching my front wheel on my new pads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toe ties catching my front wheel on my new pads

I just got a set of Bauer Supreme 1.9's to replace my Mission Commander's and I really like them, but my toe ties like to catch my front wheel and put on the brakes. Any suggestions?

Do you use the toe bridge?

Comment

Here is what I have.

Comment

Get rid of the toe bridge. Lace them directly through the holes in the boot. I'll look for some pictures I posted from when I used to play roller.

Comment

Here's my skates, nothing special...Old Bauer Reactors with Labeda Predator chassis and 59mm Rinkrat Crossbar wheels

the 3 knots i use

view from the front

laces ran the same way i would do it for ice. zero interference with wheels.

Comment

Of course the one picture you probably wanna see the most isn't working for some reason. Dammit, sorry about that.
            Anyways, Here is what you wanna do.

Remove your toe bridge and feed the toe ties straight through the holes in the boot of the pads there the bridges were attached to. I tied knots in the laces on the underside of each hole so the laces stay in place. I then tied another knot leaving roughly an inch of slack. From there I lace the toe ties the same as I did with ice skates. No need for going through eyelets or any other weird modifications to the skates.

Comment

Thanks I'll try it.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

I took two of these screw on cord organizers and put a small heavy duty shock band on it then screwed them to the middle tip of my skate. Then i bought 2 metal double sided carabeaners and hooked it on my pads. The shock cord is always attached to my skate and when i get ready to play i just attach it to the carabeaner on the pad. I have played for over 20 years now and have never been able to get laces to work for me. Been playing with this set up for the past 10 years and it has always worked practically flawlessly. I do have to get new shock cord bands every season. Only downfall.

Comment

Working...
                  X