make those B*****ds miss the net

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make those B*****ds miss the net

You ever screamed something at a guy when he was coming in to screw him up? I did it on a outdoor rink and it worked i might try it in a game when were up by alot. You guys Ever done it did it work

Yup. But this works best if you shout/scream from his back
    (this would suggest that one of your players has to do it).

But be careful, you might get a unsportsmanlike conduct penalty (depends on the ref...)

Comment

you could tell him his skates un done lol

Comment

????

Whats with the whole starred out thread titles lately? You kids think your cool for cussing?

Comment

ive tried these while on the bench lol....

"yo buddy! you have some tape on your stick!"

or

"yo youre on the wrong side of the ice"

both of these are really dumb but worked both times... the first guy looked down and the second guy went on the other side of the ice for the faceoff.... funny stuff!

Comment

i tried screaming at a guy comming in on a 1-1 when i was like a peewee. i got scored on and looked like an ***-hole. ive never done it again cause i think it takes away my focus more than his.

Comment

It can work but it is one of those cases where you better make the save or you look like a tool! I did it in a shoot-out and totally unnerved the shooter who I believe shot early and missed the net by 4 feet. I knew he was nervous though and he wasn't the most skilled player. I would never do it to a guy who I know is a star or very talented because it just jacks a talented player up to beat you.

Comment

I yelled "HEY S***HEAD from the bench at a player heading toward the empty net with the puck. He shot right after he crossed the blue line and missed. Sadly, we weren't able to tie up the game to force OT.

Comment

I had the head of a teddy bear taped to the end of my stick, where the knob would be. I used sock tape so it could still be seen. It doesn't sound like much but I had several players make remarks on how they would pick it up as they neared the net on a breakaway and get distracted. Either they would try too hard to score in order to show me up for it or they would start laughing and miss anyway.

Minor hockey....good times.

Comment

I yelled the name of a beer one time. the skater knew I had it out in my car. he would join me in lot for a ber after game. In Heat Wheat was all he had to hear and he lost it.

Comment

anyone even seen the turkey calls that you put all the way in your mouth? I've jokingly considered having one of those for a game and if someone comes down on a breakaway start gobbling like a turkey

Comment

NOONAN!

Works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenback
                          I had the head of a teddy bear taped to the end of my stick, where the knob would be.
                          OhhH! You meanie!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenback
                            I had the head of a teddy bear taped to the end of my stick, where the knob would be. I used sock tape so it could still be seen. It doesn't sound like much but I had several players make remarks on how they would pick it up as they neared the net on a breakaway and get distracted. Either they would try too hard to score in order to show me up for it or they would start laughing and miss anyway.

Minor hockey....good times.

Just taped Theadore the Teddy Bear onto my stick end

this'll be great for practice haha

Comment

Glad to be of service

Comment

Working...
                              X