X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoalerOne vs Homemade Slide Board

Has anyone used both and can recommend one or another? In looking at the threads on homemade slide boards, there are different materials used, but essentially always much cheaper than buying a Goaler One. I've been off the ice for a bit and really want to get my legs back into it more than my once a week skates at the moment.

Also, are the Goaler One slideboards up to par or can someone recommend something better?

GoalerOne

Hi

We have a GoalerOne. It is great: size is good, very slippery, very efficient for doing various drills. Plus, easy to pick up or fold up. I just turn it on its side and slide it behind our couch.

Also, ordering was very smooth. Owner picked up the phone himself and took the order.

However, cost is very, very expensive (shipping was the biggest issue).

Comment

homemade slideboard

i made one by putting silicon spray on a white board and attaching woodblocks to the white board to stop sliding. and you use wool socks to slide on it. it works just as well and is a lot cheaper. i will add pics later.
      Last edited by goalmonkey54000; 08-27-2011, 10:18 PM. Reason: l

Comment

the thing at the end is so that you can pass the puck to your self, my father and sister use that. sorry for the bad picture quality the camera on my phone isn't great.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by goalmonkey54000 View Post
          the thing at the end is so that you can pass the puck to your self, my father and sister use that. sorry for the bad picture quality the camera on my phone isn't great.
          Can you measure how deep it is or wide?

Comment

Anyone else? I just check the site - it's $430. Has it always been that? I vaguely remember it being a little bit less last time I looked. Could be wrong.

Comment

Make one yourself! All you need is (1) 8'x4' white board and (1) 8ft. 2"x4" from your favorite home supply chain, slide booties and pad covers from Ebay and your in for $125 max. If you want to get fancy, throw in a can of spray paint to paint end stops your favorite color and Oh.....don't forget the Pledge!

Comment

Originally posted by FLA Netminder View Post
                Make one yourself All you need is (1) 8'x4' white board and (1) 8ft. 2"x4" from your favorite home supply chain, slide booties and pad covers from Ebay and your in for $125 max. If you want to get fancy, throw in a can of spray paint to paint end stops your favorite color and Oh.....don't forget the Pledge!
                $125? I'd say $50 max. If you make everything, you can get it done for really cheap. The wood itself will run about $25.

Comment

You could also get a 1/8" thick piece of UHMW PE and put that on a piece of plywood. If there's a supplier near you, a 4x10' sheet is about $110. That's as slick as you can get.

One last thing. I discovered by accident that this stuff: Amazon.com: Star brite Waterproof Spray with PTEF, 22 oz: Sports & Outdoors
                  makes even concrete garage floors slicker than grease.

I waterproofed a shell while it was hanging in the garage, and the overspray turned the garage into a death trap. I had to spread sand on the floor and grind it in with my boots for 15 minutes to make it safe to walk on again. Scary what teflon can do to your floors.

I wonder if it might be too slick?

Comment

Thanks for the replies, folks. Ended up getting a GoalerOne board in great condition for a great (relative) price from a board member. Just picked it up tonight. I'm pretty excited

Comment

Funny timing. I'm picking a used one up on Sunday.
                      May try that teflon stuff on it if it needs to be coated.

Comment

Originally posted by toddler View Post
                        Funny timing. I'm picking a used one up on Sunday.
                        May try that teflon stuff on it if it needs to be coated.
                        You might go flying. The directions say to use Pledge on a cloth or Pledge wipes.

Comment

Didn't know that. Will try pledge first if needed.

Do you think putting some of the spray on the pad's sliding surface would be a bad idea, to see if it'd work as well as slide covers. The pads are only 26" size, so I'll probably have to make any covers.

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by toddler View Post
                            Didn't know that. Will try pledge first if needed.

Do you think putting some of the spray on the pad's sliding surface would be a bad idea, to see if it'd work as well as slide covers. The pads are only 26" size, so I'll probably have to make any covers.

Todd
                            I remember reading that some guys spray Armor All on their pads, but that's when they go on ice. I'd imagine that would rub off much quicker when used on a slide board, but I could be wrong. I'd go with covers.

Comment

I made my slideboard last night! I bought the goalerone pads sleeves along with their spray. I have a game tonight so I am going to try it out tommarow!

Comment

Working...
                              X