I almost quit tonight...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I almost quit tonight...

I played in high school and some club hockey and always loved the game but after college I never enjoy playing beer league net. Iíve skated quite a bit out over the last 6/7 years but I recently have felt the itch to get back in net.

This Christmas season a bonus came my way and I decided to get back in net. Iím not even sure when my pads were purchased but theyre 11 inch Itech RX9 (super clearance when Bauer bought the brand). That was probably 8 years ago? I pieced together the only C/A I ever had by sewing extensions on the gut from kids pads and Iíve never owned proper goalie pants. So I walk into my local shop, great people and family friends, and I walk away with a new pair of pants, C/A, and skates. Nothing high end (Warrior G2 , CCM Premier Pants, and Vapor X700 ((like 200 dollars skates)).

Tonight I played for the first time. I almost quit mid game. I canít believe how C/Aís are made today. I couldnít move, I couldnít even look down. Iíd make a save and go drop my head looking for the puck and the chin of my mask would hit the CA.

I canít blame the gear, I just suck and Iím out of shape.

That was a huge reality check and a kick in the nuts tonight.

"I almost quit mid game."

Well at least you didn't. I've seen several getting back into it where they couldn't finish their first game or pick up session.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassai View Post
      "I almost quit mid game."

Well at least you didn't. I've seen several getting back into it where they couldn't finish their first game or pick up session.

We skated 1.5 hours so besides being mentally stressed , I was also gassed. Have to get my legs back into it.

I may try and frankenstein this C/A. It's too big but I am stuck because I threw my old one out and nothing made today is streamlined in anyway, these things are HUGE.

Comment

What do you have now? I'm in a Warrior G2 Pro and love it. Not as bulky as the ******* that I used before and it is very light weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassai View Post
          What do you have now? I'm in a Warrior G2 Pro and love it. Not as bulky as the ******* that I used before and it is very light weight.
          I have the G2 Senior in a medium.

I found an intermediate G2 S/M on eBay and am thinking of buying it and throwing the arms on in place of what I have now. I’d assume they would be the same style since it seems everything on this C/A is adjustable and removable.

Comment

Working...
          X