Where did everyone go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did everyone go?

Not new to the forums, but just came back after disappearing after it was rebuilt...

I'm just curious where everyone went. The goaliecrease doesn't seem that heavily populated... Seems strange that so many of us would disappear to go no where.

GGSU on Facebook is where the majority of the online goalie community is.

Comment

Yea but that place is chock full of ****ing idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
        Yea but that place is chock full of ****ing idiots.
        I got myself out of the group. I just couldn't stand it. And a facebook page can't be used as a reference since you can't search topics to find precious info.

Comment

Originally posted by chakal View Post
          I got myself out of the group. I just couldn't stand it. And a facebook page can't be used as a reference since you can't search topics to find precious info.
          I stay in it because every once in a while something worth reading is posted but I don't go in there on my own unless I want to sell something or if something pops up in my news feed that is worth going in to look at. Agreed on the reference statement. I couldn't even find something that was posted a day earlier because there is just so much useless **** in there. I gave up.

Comment

What, you guys don't find the Sparks circlejerk to be useful?

Comment

Originally posted by millertime27 View Post
              ...I'm just curious where everyone went...
              Scooped up in the rapture. Only the unrepentant were left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills View Post
                What, you guys don't find the Sparks circlejerk to be useful?
                No, I don't. In fact I find Garret himself to be quite the douche. I called him out on trying to sell his Marlies gear so he could afford to pay his rent in Toronto. I asked how he, a professional athlete, didn't feel shame for selling gear that he either got for free or heavily discounted so that he could pay his rent. Of course all of his little cronies came to his rescue and bashed me for calling him out. Then he proceeded on saying how I don't know what its like to have an uber expensive apartment in the middle of downtown Toronto to pay for. Well, *******, you play in the AHL(at the time), maybe you shouldn't be living in something you can't afford just yet. That way you don't have to resort to selling your gear to us lowlifes for almost full price.
                Last edited by SaveByRichter35; 04-05-2016, 12:09 PM.

Comment

I would have to say that GGSU is pretty bad compared to what GSBB was when it was active. I don't think a Facebook page has ever made me so frustrated before. It just has so many irrelevant immature posts and it is so hard to find the good content there even with search function. Also, a lot of threads and encounters that are full of high school type drama

Comment

Well then my decision to not join that Facebook group was a good one. Good. I am part of the Vintage Goalie Equipment group. That's a good one.

Comment

Well you guys who are part of these other groups should spread the word to the other users that this place has gotten much better. There's still kinks here and there but for the most part its much more manageable. I'd love to get this place moving again.

edit - Except GGSU, don't tell anyone in there about this place haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassai View Post

Scooped up in the rapture. Only the unrepentant were left behind.
                        I just made a Myspace account.

woot.

Comment

It's slowly coming back. Real slow. Reaaal slow. No more updates.

Comment

For me I stopped coming by regularly when the board format changed. The adjustment was a pain. I've started coming back recently but I'm a bit shocked by how little traffic there is.

Would be a shame if something as useless as GGSU were to bring about the end of useful resources like this board.

Comment

I wish that In Goal Mag or something would buy this place and integrate it to their site. I am a golfer and use Golf WRX as well. Any post I throw up there has a response within 30 minutes and some sort of amazing answer within 24 hours. This place is disappointing.

Comment

• Bassai
                                Bassai commented
                                Editing a comment
                                That would drive me away. I can't stand In Goals new format.
                            Working...
                            X