Hello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

I've been wandering around this site for awhile. Figured it's time to stop creepin' and actually write something. I've made the decision (late in life) to follow my passion to play on a team. I have always played ball hockey and now that I have turned 38 for some wacky reason I want to play ice hockey. Growing up my family didn't have a lot of money so I didn't get skates until I could afford to buy them myself. I taught myself to skate at 17. More roller blading then anything else. Now I'm on the ice with an amazing team having a blast. Considering I'm self taug​ht I don't think I'm doing that bad. I've learnt a lot from all of you. I help my team stay in the game with a few big saves here and there. We have a lot to learn as well, since we're a new team in the bottom division. I just wanted to say "Hi and thanks for all the tips". If you have anymore I'm all ears and eyes!!! I will post videos as soon as I can strong arm someone to tape for me! Until then....Keep you stick on the ice and cover that post.

Dude you rock! Much love and welcome officially of course. I decided to pick up the crease game about 3 weeks ago, and if it wasn't for this site i too would have no clue what is going on. Started late as well, 27 and loving it! That's awesome your on a team and having a blast, figuring that's about all we are going to get being late bloomers. Nothing like snagging a nice shot out of the air and looking the shooter dead in the eyes after!

Comment

• Super Dad
      Super Dad commented
      Editing a comment
      A little cocky *wink doesn't hurt either.

• AirborneVet
      AirborneVet commented
      Editing a comment
      haha for real. Honestly that is what brought me into playing Goal. I was like you growing up, not much cash flow in the family and what not so i never got to play, but did roller blade all my life, more so aggressive Inline **The Xgames stuff with jumps and grinding rails** and had maybe Ice Skated a handful of times. I got out of the military in 2010 and really haven't done much other than kick it with the wife and become a music festival junkie. My body had gotten away from me for a little while now and i decided it was time to get it back and challenge myself with something. Keeping the crease has been the most passive aggressive fun i have ever had. Though i have only been doing it for 2 nights a week for 3 weeks in more of shoot around setting then game setting. I still cant wait for my first SUB in. There is just something about stepping out of your normal boundary and tackling the unknown that is good for the mind, body, and soul. I will for sure throw a wink at someone in my first game though, just for you!

Welcome to the late bloomer old timer goalie club!

Comment

• Super Dad
      Super Dad commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems to be great company! lol

Surprised the 'Super Dad' handle was available. Nice to see a fellow member with a name not full of numbers or a mash up of random letters.

Welcome brother.

Comment

Working...
    X