Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Much love from Southern Connecticut......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Much love from Southern Connecticut......

Hey guys just wanted to say, pumped to be here. I am a 27 year old 2x Army Vet who is 65% disabled and has a lot of time on his hands. Just recently decided to get in the crease. Just spent about 1800 on my gear **Cheap route i know** and cant wait to get on the ice this weekend. For now i will be playing for local Pick Up games and possibly some Mens League Call Ins. A buddy of mine works at a rink so we get free ice time for some 1v1s. Played net in roller hockey when i was younger, just never had the money throughout High school to play at any level. Been wanting to do this for awhile just never had the gall to drop the money. Wife and a buddy finally amped me up enough to do it. I have already been reading through this forum and i am pretty sure i am going to love it here. Great advice, videos, gear reviews. I look forward to being a productive member of this community. Life Long fan of the Islanders and support the AHL Bridgeport Soundtigers. Much love and have an awesome weekend! Yessss......Yessss......Yesss

Welcome to the board Airborne!

Comment

Welcome!

What rinks will you be skating?

I'm in Central CT

Comment

Welcome!! Marine Corps veteran myself. Post some pictures of your gear in the show off your gear thread.

http://goaliestore.com/board/forum/e...-off-your-gear

Comment

Originally posted by bc30 View Post
          Welcome!

What rinks will you be skating?

I'm in Central CT

I will be skating at Bridgeports Wonder Land Of Ice and possibly/hopefully get some time in at SportsCenter of CT aka The Shelton Rinks.

Comment

Originally posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
            Welcome!! Marine Corps veteran myself. Post some pictures of your gear in the show off your gear thread.

http://goaliestore.com/board/forum/e...-off-your-gear

Right on, glad to hear. Nothing but love for my fellow brothers and sisters!! I will take some pictures right now and throw em up there. Thanks for that forum link too, much love.

Comment

On Sunday nights at 8pm they have an adult hockey clinic at the Sports Center in Shelton. It's a great opportunity to get some no pressure experience with other players ranging from full on beginners to lower level beer leaguers. Typically the clinic consists of 15 minutes of drills and 45 minutes of scrimmage. You won't get any goalie coaching, but you'll get some shots and it's free for goalies. It's run by a guy name Steve McCarthy, you can always try to get ahold of him at the rink on a Sunday to see if they're short a goalie. Sometimes Steve is also on the look-out for goalies for the weekly over 40 game in Shelton, it's at 9 on Sundays. Again it's free for goalies and you don't need to be 40. Good luck!

Comment

• AirborneVet
                AirborneVet commented
                Editing a comment
                Right on man, thanks for this info, i am in Ansonia, so thats right down the road from me. Tonight was my first night with my buddy throwing some shots at me for about 30-40 minutes. I was having issues when i dropped to butterfly my knee was hitting the ice and not on the pad. Its something i need to do some research on. My pads would rotate and it wasnt good, so i had to play stand up. The one good thing was i was nervous about my glove side, but i pretty much sucked up everything he threw at that side. Thanks for that info man! I will def check it out.

• AirborneVet
                AirborneVet commented
                Editing a comment
                I am going to head to Shelton tonight with my gear and talk to Steve to see if i can get on the ice, i need to work on some stuff still and that would be perfect.

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the GAME!

Comment

Originally posted by pmgaff View Post
                Welcome to the forum and welcome to the GAME!
                Thanks man, this is an awesome place.

Comment

Working...
                X