Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Drummer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best Drummer

    Mod's, if this thread has been done, please feel free to re-locate



    Who do you feel is the best drummer in music today??

    I'm a bit of a hillbilly, but there aren't any great drummers in country music.


    My vote would be for Neil Peart of Rush. The guy is crazy amazing!

  • #2
    Mike Portnoy - Dream Theater




    Neil Peart is amazing!!
    Last edited by hroark2112; 06-02-2010, 03:09 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      My favorite for some time now is Blake Richardson of Between the Buried and Me/Glass Casket. Phenominal drummer in the metal scene. Very tasteful. Check out BTBAM's newest album, the music and drumming are great, and the drumming in particular, I feel, is the highlight of the album.

      Comment


      • #4
        Joey Jordison for technical skill, but I enjoy Lars Ulrich for how fun he is to listen too. I like Christoph Schneider as well.

        Comment


        • #5
          Danny Carey of tool

          YouTube - TOOL--Danny Carey

          enjoy

          Comment


          • #6
            Peart x 10

            Comment


            • #7
              Any Carter Beauford fans out there? How about Steve Jordan?

              Comment


              • #8
                Speed? Gene Hogland
                Technical- Thomas Lang

                Most insane guy to watch that makes you want to blow your brain up trying to understand how he can keep track of everything- THOMAS HAAKE

                Guy is unreal, seriously.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jpower79 View Post
                  Speed? Gene Hogland
                  Technical- Thomas Lang

                  Most insane guy to watch that makes you want to blow your brain up trying to understand how he can keep track of everything- THOMAS HAAKE

                  Guy is unreal, seriously.
                  Check Flo Mounier of Cryptopsy. Saw them live and just about shat myself watching him play. Makes Haake look a bit like an amateur.

                  Hard to argue with Portnoy or Peart. Carey IMO is overrated like the rest of Tool. Brann Dailor from Mastodon is incredible as is Gene Hogland.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    To the non-drummer and bad joke making crowd - Animal takes the cake.



                    He's still active right?

                    My favorite is him battling with Buddy Rich
                    YouTube - Animal vs Buddy Rich

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      To me, I never bother even mentioning Portnoy or Peart...its like saying who is the best guitarist and mentioning Steve Vai and Joe Satch, whole different world.

                      Ironically, I find all 4 of them boring as hell. Granted, I am aware its because my brain cannot comprehend their abilities.

                      I am not a drummer, but in my travels with music...it seemed all I ever partied with was drummers. I sat on a couch with Portnoy and Raymond Herrera at the NAMM convention VIP party, watching both Gene Hogland and Vinnie Paul on stage...but the real show was watching Jason Bitner make an *** out of himself whining like a bitch because someone stole his seat.

                      Funnest drummer to watch is hands down Morgan Rose...guy even dresses up like a dinosaur sometimes.

                      My personal favorite drummer is Chris Adler. Purely for the fact he is cool as **** to hang with, and he isn't a "schooled" drummer. He just plays what sounds awesome...and as a guitarist, I can appreciate it!

                      I think drummers enjoyed hanging around me because, well...I didn't play drums so I didn't bore the hell out of them talking shop. Come to think of it, that's probably why most guitarists avoided me haha

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Matt The Hammer View Post
                        To the non-drummer and bad joke making crowd - Animal takes the cake.



                        He's still active right?

                        My favorite is him battling with Buddy Rich
                        YouTube - Animal vs Buddy Rich
                        Ha ha! That link was in spanish. Spanish Muppets!

                        This has been the only real contribution to this thread. Sound and images win.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Seen tool a bunch of times and Danny Carey always blows me away with his drumming.

                          and in the more metal scene, Charlie Benante of Anthrax often gets overlooked because anthrax itself isn't overly technical. But if you listen closely to the drummin, it is truly the carrying force.

                          YouTube - Drum Burst

                          also forgot "Thomen Stauch from Blind Guardian. this guy makes such bombastic sounding drumming.

                          can't find him playing alone, but here's a cover of one of their songs and his drum part
                          YouTube - Blind Guardian - Mirror Mirror (DRUMS)
                          Last edited by Sprawl; 06-02-2010, 02:41 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by WillyGrips13 View Post
                            Ha ha! That link was in spanish. Spanish Muppets!

                            This has been the only real contribution to this thread. Sound and images win.
                            The pizza place I eat at all the time has a large poster of a Buddy Rich ad for drums. Buddy looks as cool as they come, cigarette in hand, Mister Rodgers sweater vest and all.

                            Totally cool.

                            Sorry, Travis Barker just can't match that style.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jpower79 View Post
                              My personal favorite drummer is Chris Adler. Purely for the fact he is cool as **** to hang with, and he isn't a "schooled" drummer. He just plays what sounds awesome...and as a guitarist, I can appreciate it!
                              I was going to say Adler too.

                              YouTube - Chris Adler - Lamb Of God - Blood Of The Scribe

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X