#1 reason to vote for health care reform proposed by Congress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 reason to vote for health care reform proposed by Congress

Rush Limbaugh Says He'll Leave the US If Health Care Reform Is Passed - AOL News

If some of the other bags-of-hot-air would follow suit and join him in some faraway place, I'd go on a letter writing crusade to get it approved!!!

• jbgd825
    replied
    Originally posted by Thumper View Post
    Not even remotely.

So I guess you will have to show me who besides yourself, and your fragile sensibilities, considers BFD profanity.

Try being honest with yourself for just one post..............

I think dany heatley's T-shirts are worse than the BFD T-shirts....

Welcome to Facebook

Leave a comment:

• Thumper
    replied
    Originally posted by gort View Post
    So has your stance on profanity on clothing changed?
    Not even remotely.

So I guess you will have to show me who besides yourself, and your fragile sensibilities, considers BFD profanity.

Try being honest with yourself for just one post..............

Leave a comment:

• spuriouskeeper
    replied
    Gort,

Here is where you and I differ…

I do not take offense to the use of an acronym incorporating profane word in an attempt to capitalize on a discreet remark unintentionally captured by a microphone. I am a big boy, and now that I have my big boy pants, I have learned that these sorts of things do not present any sort of affront to my sensibilities.

Conversely, the things that I find morally offensive are attempts to sustain a hierarchical health care structure tailored specifically to ensure that insurance companies earn a profit at the expense of the sick and the dying. I find it outrageous that there are elements in our society that deem it acceptable to further their agenda under veiled references to racism and classism. My value system does not allow me to embrace a political philosophy that seeks to reduce regulation within the traditional commodity and equity exchange establishments at the expense of the greater social good. I am deeply troubled by jingoistic calls to action in support of military and economic hegemony.

Sorry, the fact that a fund raising entity chooses to make light of a comical moment captured by the world media does little to stir my ire.

Leave a comment:

• gort
    replied
    The funny thing is you, someone who was extremely upset at a tee-shirt with profanity on it (mentioned here: http://www.goaliestore.com/board/hot...nt-rights.html), is firmly defending the same thing here.

It seems you and I agree that people shouldn't be wearing profane clothing, but if I attack apparel on barackobama.com with profanity (or implied profanity if you want to claim people don't know what BFD means), you rush in to defend your hope and change. So has your stance on profanity on clothing changed? I'm honestly confused because, had I not been on a gsbb hiatus when you made that thread, I would have supported your original post.
    Last edited by gort; 04-16-2010, 03:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Thumper
    replied
    You are listing websites devoted to hate and defamation of character and comparing them to barackobama.com.
    And why would we do that ?

Here's a hint Skippy..............

His name is in the URL. That's funny you are going to say he doesn't endorse that website.
    At least make an effort to maintain some consistency in your argument.............

I fully understand the role of the RNC/DNC and I wouldn't expect a president from either party to allow stuff like that to be associated with his image.
    Absolutely adorable...................

Last edited by Thumper; 04-16-2010, 03:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gort
    replied
    You are listing websites devoted to hate and defamation of character and comparing them to barackobama.com -- a site that is endorsed by our president, was home of his official campaign website, and uses his image to promote and support his platform now. I fully understand the role of the RNC/DNC and I wouldn't expect a president from either party to allow stuff like that to be associated with his image.
    Last edited by gort; 04-16-2010, 03:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Thumper
    replied
    Originally posted by spuriouskeeper View Post
    See the URL of the below website.
    Prosecute George W. Bush for Murder
    You forgot The Devil and George Bush.

Obviously Gortex does not understand the function of the DNC and/or the RNC.

Let him have his manufactured indignation.

It's cute....................

Leave a comment:

• spuriouskeeper
    replied
    You miss the point. The point is that as a public figure, you do not have absolute control over the use of your name (as evidenced by the link I provided)

As noted by Thumper, this is an entity run by the DNC, and not, as you allege "president's official website". It is a fund raising vehicle.

If you would like, I am more than happy to compare treatises on the methods of fundraising employed by the left and right wing political establishment. I wonder if there might be something I might find within the right wing fundraising machinery that could so offend my delicate sensibilities. We could play a game of escalating moral outrage! ;P
    Last edited by spuriouskeeper; 04-16-2010, 03:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gort
    replied
    Originally posted by spuriouskeeper View Post
    I'll chime in... just so we can maintain the intellectual dignity of the current discussion.

To these ends, I have to take issue with your specific argument.

You are going to have to try to find a way work backwards from your conclusion to you allegation.
    If I revised my post to say that was his official campaign website before he took ofice, would you delete your ridiculous counter argument?

Unless you really can't tell the difference between the website url you listed and the one in question.
    Last edited by gort; 04-16-2010, 03:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• spuriouskeeper
    replied
    His name is in the URL. That's funny you are going to say he doesn't endorse that website.
    I'll chime in... just so we can maintain the intellectual dignity of the current discussion.

To these ends, I have to take issue with your specific argument.

You are going to have to try to find a way work backwards from your conclusion to your allegation.

Leave a comment:

• gort
    replied
    His name is in the URL, it was his official campaign website.... That's funny you are going to say he doesn't endorse that website. It's not even a ghost website redirect (say, as if he abandoned the domain name after his campaign).
    Last edited by gort; 04-16-2010, 03:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Thumper
    replied
    Obama's website keeping it classy:
    Wrong.......

Originally posted by cajungoalie View Post
    The fact that this is coming from The Obama website is truly astonishing.
    Wrong.......

Call me conservative, but I prefer my presidents to not endorse profanity.
    And wrong.......

But don't let facts get in the way of your phony indignation.......

Leave a comment:

• Azarius
    replied
    *lol*

I'm gunna order me a t-shirt!

Leave a comment:

• Thumper
    replied
    Originally posted by cajungoalie View Post
    I probably have different values than you.
    The office is supposed to hold a certain level of prestige and class.
    Phony indignation is funny...................

Leave a comment:

Working...
X