X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am very upset with verizon fios

hey all! I just ordered verizon fios television about two weeks ago, and i must say, the picture is freakin sick. The HD quality is incredible, and the interface looks really cool. The remote control feels good in the hand, and is easily programmable to control the volume for my surround sound speakers, and the dvr is great as well.

Now, heres the catch for us ice hockey lovers. I watched the finals. I enjoyed them. Now i would like to be able to watch the draft and the award ceremony. That's all fine and dandy, but theres a little problem with that. Verizon Fios does not offer any NBA, NHL, or MLB television channels. So, they're sport channels look like this:

espn, espn2, espnnews, espnU, the local sports channels (i live in ny so its YES, SNY, and MSG and MSG2) and then, the nfl network, and best yet: FOX soccer and rugby!

OMG!! As an American, I LOVE British sports such as Rugby and Soccer!!! I love you Verizon!!!

(note: the above statement is a dramatization. No such thing ever really occured.)

Now, it seems to me that the guy who chooses what channels verizon gets hates sports. For those who love football, the fact that Fios offers NFL network doesn't even matter because the NFL network usually only shows one or two games a season. For everything important in the NFL, channels like FOX and NBC and CBS will get the job done for the average american football lover.

And, while they're is no denying that out of all the team sports, football is the most popular in the United States, there are plenty of people out there who can't watch their favorite baseball, basketball, and ice hockey teams. No, of course not. Instead, we get to watch a soccer game that's most likely taking place thousands of miles away, across the atlantic ocean in French!!!

I don't know if anybody else here on the boards owns Fios, but they're now offering NHL Center ice. Unfortunately, that is ridiculously expensive, and i will never ever be able to convince my mom to pay like, 200 dollars in order for me to watch every hockey game in the season.

So, just a warning to anybody on the board who is thinking about ordering fios tv. If you can afford center ice, then just forget about this warning. But, if you want to be able to have NHL Network, i don't see any time in the near future that verizon fios tv will ever have a consideration to the entirety of the sports fan community, especially us ice hockey fans.

Besides that "small" issue, i love verizon fios television

Edited because upon review I see that my original post was extremely snarky and mean-spirited.
    Last edited by stl_tl; 06-07-2008, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X