Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FB ruined the Internet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by lbr119 View Post
    I don't understand why they are so upset about his opinion. He is entitled to it. He's not enforcing it. He made it to the show, which is quite the accomplishment regardless of his career stats.
    Goalies evolve and adapt. No matter what the change, goalies will find a way to be better.
    becuase we are adults and understand that!!! Some people just thrive on attention!

    Comment


    • #17
      Late to the punch here, but-

      I knew that Facebook had the potential to ruin my professional life. The temptation to misbehave is too great for me. I don't back down, especially in a war of words. I have learnt to let it go and I simply don't respond. But having a fb profile is simply dangerous, which is why I have been off for a very long time.

      What I really got to despise was how you would automatically be checked into places via your phone and your fb profile would automatically announce it to your friends. Of course people would be stupid and say they were sick when they had an appointment or were supposed to be at work but post pix of them some place at the time they were supposed to be where they were missing from.

      But it is funny- fb is being looked down upon by the kids because it's for "old people".

      These keyboard ninjas may have some explaining to do if a future boss searches their fb profile.
      Last edited by bunnyman666; 12-13-2016, 07:13 AM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Things have been really bad in GGSU for the past several months, it really has turned into a terrible gongshow and imploded on itself. it will take a loooong time to recover considering all the bad press they have been getting. What will hurt them the most is certainly the absence of Garret Sparks as he was the biggest marketing chip for their camps and other affiliations. That pro piece was very valuable to that group and with the backlash that he faced I don't see how pro goalies would take a risk being on there now. I would love to see a revitalization of GSBB if there would be some way to get people back.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Bassai View Post

          Thumper is that you?


          I've only got one account on GSBB. MXForums was a whole different thing.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by bunnyman666 View Post
            But it is funny- fb is being looked down upon by the kids because it's for "old people".
            What's old is new..
            I still write my insults on the bathroom stall walls. It's what all the kids are doing now. FB before the internets.

            I never had a Myspace or FB page. I rule.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by AVC_03 View Post
              Things have been really bad in GGSU for the past several months, it really has turned into a terrible gongshow and imploded on itself. it will take a loooong time to recover considering all the bad press they have been getting. What will hurt them the most is certainly the absence of Garret Sparks as he was the biggest marketing chip for their camps and other affiliations. That pro piece was very valuable to that group and with the backlash that he faced I don't see how pro goalies would take a risk being on there now. I would love to see a revitalization of GSBB if there would be some way to get people back.
              GGSU has been really bad for a long time... people are just realizing it now.

              Remember the guy that "Harrassed" Sparks at an AHL game where Sparks got in crap through his team? He had people calling his work constantly harassing him, and evidently he wasn't even the person to make the remarks that got Sparks in crap.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by lbr119 View Post
                I don't understand why they are so upset about his opinion. He is entitled to it. He's not enforcing it. He made it to the show, which is quite the accomplishment regardless of his career stats.
                Goalies evolve and adapt. No matter what the change, goalies will find a way to be better.
                Yes he is and yes we will. Nonetheless I have heard him making his case in interviews, no problem there. But I do take issue with his dismissive and condescending attitude towards people who disagree with what he proposed.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Bassai View Post

                  Yes he is and yes we will. Nonetheless I have heard him making his case in interviews, no problem there. But I do take issue with his dismissive and condescending attitude towards people who disagree with what he proposed.
                  He also made horrible points that could have been refuted if they had someone with more knowledge than him on there. I firmly believe he did that segment just to try and forward his broadcasting career, which thankfully ended because he was awful at it.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by MTH View Post
                    What's old is new..
                    I still write my insults on the bathroom stall walls. It's what all the kids are doing now. FB before the internets.

                    I never had a Myspace or FB page. I rule.
                    My old myspace page got my music a bit of attention; enough, in fact, to had made me a little bit of money in music. I have a big place in my heart for myspace, and the music player is STILL better than facebook. Facebook is just a junk website,IMO.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      i totally forgot about myspace... i should go find myself! do people even use it anymore?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Bassai View Post

                        Yes he is and yes we will. Nonetheless I have heard him making his case in interviews, no problem there. But I do take issue with his dismissive and condescending attitude towards people who disagree with what he proposed.
                        Meanwhile posting on facebook is useless. It doesn't actually change anything. Yet people will argue and all and get mad over it. It's not legislation or even a well written op-ed piece in a paper.

                        The sports "news" people feast on it. I don't know why any athlete would even use FB. It's a no win. The reporters aren't looking for anything positive there, so no matter what you say or put there - it's the one line that can be used against you that will be reported on.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Rico View Post

                          I don't see how his performance during his career as a professional goaltender is relevant to the coherence of his argument(s) or his current professional performance. These are different things.



                          Being a good driver doesn't mean you can build an engine from scratch. These are different things.
                          This.

                          Corey Hirsch was at one point one of the top 60 people in the world at the job he was doing. Think about that. Of the hundreds of thousands of goalies in the world, he was in the top 60 for a period of time. Hell even when he was in the A that makes him top 120 in the world. And people want to bash his 3.13 GAA in the show when most of these kids can't even keep a 3.13 GAA in Tier 2 AA bantams.

                          Sooooo stupid. And the guy was also an NHL goalie coach. Clearly he knows the game.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Twitter ruined the internet. No worries, as it's in its death throes.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Smartphones ruined a lot too. It use to be you'd work all day then come home and get on the computer. Now everyone is connected on the spot from where ever they are just dropping bombs on FB. I think it sucks nowadays. Iphones "smartphones" and FB. I for one still use it the old fashioned way. I wait till I get home to get on social media.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                FB is a disgrace in general. I never did join that GGSU group because I refuse to use FB for anything other than letting my girlfriend update her relationship status.

                                Also, i'm back here for good so hopefully it picks up.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X