FB ruined the Internet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FB ruined the Internet

I know we all use it, but holy hell... some people lack the education or common sense of when to shut up and keep their mouth closed. Everyone is now a keyboard warrior, Corey Hirsch is now on the "everyone on GGSU is a bully" band wagon.... it's really sad that was meant to be a useful tool can be turned into such an ugly beast!

People really don't know when they have something good... there is always someone waiting to ruin it...

FB just seems the be the most popular platform used by all to convey messages. Not just GGSU... it's on every page!

I like our goalie community for what it once was, not the dusters that come around thinking they are gods gift to the world. I think I'll hang out here for a bit... less drama, less idiots!
    Last edited by bean; 12-12-2016, 03:17 PM.

Originally posted by bean View Post
    I know we all use it...
    I don't.

Comment

I'm grateful for GGSU, it sucked all the a-holes out of this forum and dumped them all into one big cesspool on FB

Comment

So what exactly happen now?

Comment

Originally posted by estogoalie View Post
          I'm grateful for GGSU, it sucked all the a-holes out of this forum and dumped them all into one big cesspool on FB
          Leaving only 15 of us here.

Comment

Esto agreed... it sometimes shows the worst of people but on occasion it has shown the best. SBR.. guys were chirping Corey, he decided to call it bullying and call out GGSU. for being the cause of it.. he should be a bit thicker skinned.. IMHO... i liked this place when it ran.. shame they had to change format and kill it.. the FB is no true replacement..

Comment

True, like I said there is good and bad... but lately it's all crap! I agree hirsch needs to get thicker skin... but ggsu has a mob mentality. You ask a question and have to filter through 10 bs responses before you actually find someone trying to help! I can chirp with the best of them, but I don't need to hashtag a group for backing!

Everyone is so sensitive and then looking for approval! Being a chick, I can't believe some of the crap that comes out of people in that page! There are still kids there after all!

Comment

Originally posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
                So what exactly happen now?
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 6.09.38 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	241.3 KB
ID:	48915

Comment

You're acting like that type of internet behavior didn't exist before Facebook. lol.

It's always been around, if anything, it seems less prevalent now than it used to. With less anonymity, people are somewhat more responsible for the repercussions that can arise from saying dumb shit.

Hell, I used to have two accounts on a musician forum board back in the day. One as my main account and one to solely be an ass (Highschool was fun). Being able to switch back and forth allowed me to get my shitty attitude out without disrupting my reputation on my main account.

With everyone's named attached to what they say, it has a higher potential to bite them in the ass in the future. Though, idiots will still be idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by CoopALoop1234 View Post
                    ...Being able to switch back and forth allowed me to get my shitty attitude out without disrupting my reputation on my main account...
                    Thumper is that you?

Comment

What a joke and overall stupidity on the part of Hirsch. He is acting like a 5 year old running to tell mommy before daddy tells him to suck it up. His best year was World Juniors really and now he is a color commentator

Comment

Originally posted by Goalies29 View Post
                        What a joke and overall stupidity on the part of Hirsch. He is acting like a 5 year old running to tell mommy before daddy tells him to suck it up. His best year was World Juniors really and now he is a color commentator
                        I don't see how his performance during his career as a professional goaltender is relevant to the coherence of his argument(s) or his current professional performance. These are different things.

Being a good driver doesn't mean you can build an engine from scratch. These are different things.

Comment

Well said, Rico. Personally, I wouldn't mind having Hirsch's accomplishments. Just to play a few minutes in the NHL would be a dream. He wasn't an all-star with a long career, but he was good enough to get there and shouldn't have to put up with that crap from people. And like he said, those weren't all people making comments.

Comment

Maybe I was never in to being that much of a dick when I was younger? Lol problem is people attack other people all over social media, whether or not their names are attached to it.

I'm gay, my profile picture was of my wedding on fb. I posted in a public page regarding something sports related and I was singled out and called all sorts of names on fb... now because I actually have a pair of balls, I didn't let it bother me.... but kids these days don't understand repercussions... look are sparks's career... put in the toilet by one loser who decided to stir the pot.

And I would disagree, thugs have gotten much worse since the twitter/facebook era... I never got called out on MSN messenger or ICQ! Lol

Comment

I don't understand why they are so upset about his opinion. He is entitled to it. He's not enforcing it. He made it to the show, which is quite the accomplishment regardless of his career stats.
                              Goalies evolve and adapt. No matter what the change, goalies will find a way to be better.

Comment

Working...
                              X