X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...meanwhile in Pakistan

Protester dies after inhaling fumes from burning American flag | Fox News

Nice to hear ol' Glory took someone down with him this time

...anywho it's nice to see Pakistani's doing some family-oriented activities, like father/son flag burning. Maybe they should stand a little closer and take a deep breath...

I've heard that fox news is a credible and unbiased source for news.

Thanks!

Comment

That's not an American flag.

A REAL American flag would not kill someone for exercising a Constitutional right, even if they are brown.

Comment

Counterpoint:

American Flag Nearly Dies After Inhaling Fumes Of Burning Protesters | The Duffel Blog

Comment

Originally posted by estogoalie View Post
          ...anywho it's nice to see Pakistani's doing some family-oriented activities, like father/son flag burning. Maybe they should stand a little closer and take a deep breath...
          Wishing someone's death for disliking America and/or its policy involvement, abit much?

Oh the other hand I wonder which particular 18 states of Americas they dislike.

Comment

Originally posted by oncogene View Post
            Oh the other hand I wonder which particular 18 states of Americas they dislike.
            The red ones

Comment

Originally posted by Timberwoof View Post
              That's not an American flag.

A REAL American flag would not kill someone for exercising a Constitutional right, even if they are brown.
              I didn't know the US Constitution was valid in Pakistan. But if it was, then wouldn't the flag have a right to bear arms and defend itself from death at the hands of Islamic extremists? (even if they are brown, whatever that has to do with anything, but you brought it up)

Originally posted by oncogene View Post
              Wishing someone's death for disliking America and/or its policy involvement, abit much?
              You're right, that kid looks like he's singing James Browns "I Feel Good", maybe he's not that bad after all. In which case I only wish him a temporary violent illness and hope that his papa's got a brand new bag for him, and maybe some better hobbies lined up, cuz teaching your kid hatred isn't a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by estogoalie View Post
                I didn't know the US Constitution was valid in Pakistan.
                Hm. I was under the impression that the civil rights described in the Constitution and other similar documents are considered universal.

So Pakistanis aren't protected by US Constitutional rights, but their burning of something that kind of resembled a US flag was illegal under US law?

Comment

Timber: How come you still live in the United States? Just gotta ask, because it appears to me that you'll take any chance you can to **** on this country. Go to Pakistan to see just how tolerant those folks are. We'll even welcome you back with open arms, regardless of your terrible politics and opinions.

Please, save the rest of us the bandwidth and refrain from weighing in on an act that is indefensible.

Comment

Hm. I was under the impression that the civil rights described in the Constitution and other similar documents are considered universal.

So Pakistanis aren't protected by US Constitutional rights, but their burning of something that kind of resembled a US flag was illegal under US law?
                    Your right - we give those rights to Illegals - and claim its "for the greater of humanity"

Comment

Originally posted by Dual Showman View Post
                      Timber: How come you still live in the United States? Just gotta ask, because it appears to me that you'll take any chance you can to **** on this country. Go to Pakistan to see just how tolerant those folks are. We'll even welcome you back with open arms, regardless of your terrible politics and opinions.

Please, save the rest of us the bandwidth and refrain from weighing in on an act that is indefensible.
                      You're right. Burning a symbol is way worse than this.

Comment

Originally posted by BummerItsDaley View Post
                        Lol at your naivety.
                        Last edited by willyd42; 09-21-2012, 06:56 AM.

Comment

I don't even understand what you are talking about anymore Flag burning is of course legal in the US and apparently in Pakistan. The hatred they spew along with it may not be. What if they were burning a rainbow flag and shouting "Death to gays"? Would you view this equally as if they burned a US flag and shouted "Death to Americans"? Or do you think they are just burning flags and talking about the latest episode of Jersey Shore?

Originally posted by BummerItsDaley View Post
                          So I assume you were against the raid that Obama authorized to kill Bin Laden? Or the drone strike that killed Al-Quedas next in line?

Comment

you burn an American flag made in China, there is no telling what weird chemicals are in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dual Showman View Post
                              Timber: How come you still live in the United States? Just gotta ask, because it appears to me that you'll take any chance you can to **** on this country.
                              What are you talking about?

Go to Pakistan to see just how tolerant those folks are.
                              What's this? Are you saying that the United States is a better country to live in than … Pakistan? Are you for real?

You just expressed dissatisfaction with my lack of unwavering loyalty and fawning slavish patriotism to the United States, and you're telling me that the United States is better than some turd world **** hole? That's not very patriotic. If you want to brag about how great the United States is, then you should compare it to some of the nicer places to live on this planet, like Denmark or New Zealand or Germany.

We'll even welcome you back with open arms, regardless of your terrible politics and opinions.

What are you talking about? Burning something that isn't a United States flag is indefensible?

Who are you, anyway? And who made you the arbiter of correct political speech on this BBS?
                              Last edited by Timberwoof; 09-21-2012, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X