Zamboni DWI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zamboni DWI

I don't get the reason for the partying?

Zamboni driver allegedly drunk while on the ice | StarTribune.com

Originally posted by hammer View Post
    He wasn't partying. Some people have a drinking problem. I'm an ex-cop. Probably 10% of my DWI arrests were in the afternoon on a weekday.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
      Reason for partying? HE GETS TO DRIVE THE ZAMBONI!!!!! Who wouldn't want to party for that?

Hey, I wanna drive the Zamboni
      Hey, I wanna drive the Zamboni
      Yes I do

Now eer since I was young
      Its been my dream
      That I might drive the Zamboni machine
      I guess that I was just slick as could be
      And all the kids would look up to me

Comment

How do u get arrested inside a building on private property for DUI??

Comment

Originally posted by grimjake1 View Post
          From the article:

People have been arrested in Minnesota for driving under the influence on everything from a souped-up motorized recliner to a farm tractor. State law says a DWI can result from driving any kind of a motorized vehicle, pretty much anywhere -- a forklift driver at work, a Bobcat driver plowing city sidewalks, a riding lawn mower in a yard

Comment

The arena may be privately owned; but anywhere people are allowed to walk in off the street is considered public. A Walmart is privately owned but allows people in so it is considered a public place. I was charged with a DUI and could not operate any vehicle with a motor in public areas- not a motorized skateboard or golf cart on a course.

Comment

Comment

Every state has different traffic laws but in Virginia, DUI falls under code 18.2 or criminal offense rather than a code 46.2 or traffic violation. So DUI can be charged if a motor vehicle is operated on private property.

Comment

I practice there, (its my home rink) and I saw it live. It was actually kinda funny.

Comment

Originally posted by caveman27 View Post
                    He wasn't partying. Some people have a drinking problem. I'm an ex-cop. Probably 10% of my DWI arrests were in the afternoon on a weekday.
                    Im still on.

The ones that still have me shaking my head are the Tuesday/Wednesday late morning DWIs......."seriously guy, its 11:17 in the morning".

Comment

Really? That's your concern? Not the fact the guy was hammered on the job and could have killed someone?

Comment

Originally posted by Briard View Post
                        Really? That's your concern? Not the fact the guy was hammered on the job and could have killed someone?
                        really, could have killed someone? no one was in danger.

Comment

What about the refs on the ice moving the nets, what about the fact that there were people in the stands and peewee teams waiting to get on the ice, other employees in zamboni room? The article says the coach was moving people at from the glass... It's not like this was an empty rink before a 10pm beer league game.

There's a huge potential of danger, he crashed into the boards, any number of things could have gone horribly wrong there.

Plus the slug was charged 3 times already...
                          Last edited by Briard; 02-05-2012, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NHGoalie View Post
                            That would be because someone stopped him before anyone was put in danger.

It's also the classic self defense of a lot of drunk drivers - "I didn't kill anyone, or even have an accident, why do I have to do XYZ to get my driver's license back?"

Comment

Originally posted by NHGoalie View Post
                              @22 yrs old I'm not the least bit surprise by your attitude.

Comment

Working...
                              X