X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for best goalie shop in London Ontario

I will be in London at the end of march for provincials for a week and i was wondering anywhere worth checking out for some gear or sticks. Also need a reliable place to get my skates sharpened as i do not trust the rink pro shops or my trainer sharpening my skates.

thanks in advance

I've been here in the past, good shop. But never got the blades done there.

Hockeygeeks.com: specializing in RBK goalie, Vaughn goalie, goalie equipment, leg pads, goalie pads, goalie skates, goalie sticks, eagle goalie, itech goalie

Comment

Our car/truck can't drive through London without managing to pull off at the exit where Perani's Hockey World is located.

Comment

You will get the best customer service and good selection at source for sports on wharncliff
        Peranis has a huge selection but i rarely get any customer service there unless i go get some one myself
        Pete's sports on Oxford has a decent selection and customer service

as for sharpening source is where i like to go and pete's does a decent job. if the tourny is at the western fair i think pete's owns the small pro shop in there so, i would asume it should be alright

Comment

I'd goto Source For Sports (hockeygeeks) a 100 times before Perani's...way better selection of equipment.

Comment

I will chime in on Perani's here...I live in Michigan and have been to just about all of the Perani's here and in Windsor and normally I am not a big fan of them but the store in London is fantastic as far as goalie gear goes. I agree with the lack of customer service, more often than not you will get two or three kids hanging out at the front counter eating or something other than servicing customers but they have far and away the largest selection of goalie sticks and equipment around.

Give them a try if you're going through on the 401, they are literally right off the highway on Wellington Rd.

Comment

Source for sports are overpriced compaired to other retail stores out there.

The Goalie Crease is about 30 mins off the 401 just north of Toronto.

I wouldnt waste my time going ANYWHERE esle...best deals I've seen for a retail store (or private sales for that matter). That are the guys that work there (Rod, etc) are just FANTASTIC when it comes to knowledge, and customer service.

Best goalie store I've ever been to. I would SERIOUSLY check them out

Comment

Source Rafe there is great always will help you with anything

Comment

source in london, has matched prices from other places and cut me some deals or knocked a few bucks off here and there for things ive purchased. and Raffe is great to deal with tons of knoledge.

Comment

Originally posted by BRABUS View Post
                    Source for sports are overpriced compaired to other retail stores out there.

The Goalie Crease is about 30 mins off the 401 just north of Toronto.

I wouldnt waste my time going ANYWHERE esle...best deals I've seen for a retail store (or private sales for that matter). That are the guys that work there (Rod, etc) are just FANTASTIC when it comes to knowledge, and customer service.

Best goalie store I've ever been to. I would SERIOUSLY check them out
                    It would take you 2 hrs to drive there from London..

Comment

According to his location, he lives in Ottawa.

If he takes the 401 to London he would drive right through Toronto.

The goalie Crease is only about 25 mins north off the 401, well worth the detour especially when they have Pro Returns priced @ $499

Comment

Originally posted by BRABUS View Post
                        According to his location, he lives in Ottawa.

If he takes the 401 to London he would drive right through Toronto.
                        Never noticed that, good call.

Comment

Duke's Source For Sports is the absolute best. I've never seen better prices or selection for goalie gear than at Duke's. Worth a visit if you're in the Toronto area.

Comment

thanks for the input guys. i have ordered sticks through dukes in toronto and have found them great. Wont really have time to stop anywhere on my way up and i will need to get my blades done a couple times anyways. and yes i am in ottawa. tournys at western fair looks like a nice rink? can i trust the pro shop?

Comment

the pro shop is owned by pete's sports and they do a good job of sharpening at their oxford street location, so if they have done the same training they will by ok. but for consistency source is the best in the city. on wharncliffe

Comment

Working...
                              X