No announcement yet.

10 min major...served by ME!?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok my story about the worst but my favorite ref.

ok 2 or 3 years ago i played on a AAA team. it was kinda a joke just have fun team. still keep in touch with a couple players on the team. anyways we were playing a game against a team in regina and they had a really good goalie from some place in manitoba. the ref for the game was also the goalies dad. and the reason they drove like 8 hours for hockey is because the dad was not aloud in many rinks in manitoba and could not ref at all. anyways our coach used to live in the same town as him and they werent the best of friends. so the game starts and not even 30 secs in we are down 2 men and the coach is really getting mad and is yelling at him yadda yadda. in between periods the ref comes to our room to have a talk with our coach. he come in all high and mighty asking him go out to the parking lot to settle it like men. our coach is ready to go to but the coaches had to talk him out of it after 10 mins. so the second period starts and of course we get some stupid penalty. our coach starts yelling again and the ref kicks him out of the rink. he leaves but hides in the lobby haha. time goes by and he actually kicked the puck towards a player on the other team. another incodent happens and there is a little scrum in front of the net and he starts hitting players and throwing them away. we end up with like 5 people in the box. the second period ends and into the third and hes not even interested in the game anymore. people in the stands are getting mad now too so when the play is going on hes up on the glass getting mad at the parents asking them to fight. funniest stuff ive ever seen. dont remember the score of the game.

Comment

i got another story of last year. i lived in the city of weyburn but i played in estavan aboout an hour away. and they are really big rivals. the reason i played there is because our family did not like the people there at all and they didnt like us. dads ceo of education so its expcted. also we lived in esteavan before weyburn and we loved it there. we live in the small town of melfort now and love it here. anyways getting of topic. we were playing weyburn in provincials and it was a wyburn ref so they didnt get a panalty through the game. we got 10 or so but thats not the part thats makes me mad. the ref would block people on our team to get to the puck and so on. also he skated in the funniest way and one of the parents a 8 month pregnat lady was getting mad so she started imating him so he started getting mad and kicked her out. so some random guy who thinks hes the rink manager or something starts to take her away. the guy is also a really big pervert and his some actually got suspend from school and sent to some sexual herasment (however you spell it) camp cause he pants a girl in gym and took her shorts. anyways the guy try to take the lady out but her 60 some year old dad wont let him so they start getting in a fight. and my mom is coming back from the connsesion stand and walks by laughing and tells the guy to leave her alone but he heard her swearing and freeking out and hitting him which did not happen cause i watched the whole thing and people around said she didnt say anything bad. so she ends up getting reported by him. the game goes by and at the start of the second we are losing 5 1 and by about to mins left we are winning 6 5. there is a big 2 on 0 with about a min left and the one player was at least at least 10 feet of side but the linesman ignores it. our other goalie was starting this game and he sees it was offside so he just stands up out of his stance and dosent really think about the short of course it goes in. everybody is really p.o.ed now and everbody is yelling and fighting with eachother. it was funny to watch. the next game i start and we beat them 2 1 in overtime and that game was my most memorble game ever.
      Last edited by mocha; 06-07-2010, 01:05 PM.

Comment

One would think that by the time you get to college, you'd know the difference between "allowed" and "aloud."

just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by hroark2112 View Post
          One would think that by the time you get to college, you'd know the difference between "allowed" and "aloud."

just sayin'
          Just thinkin' the same.

Comment

Originally posted by hroark2112 View Post

just sayin'
            Or use proper grammar, punctuation, paragraphs, capitalization, and spelling, for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by PSULion22 View Post
              Or use proper grammar, punctuation, paragraphs, capitalization, and spelling, for that matter.
              Let's start small!!

Comment

Originally posted by cooper2931 View Post
                Yea, later I found out that the ref was aloud to do that, but it was just absurd for him to pull a goalie out for a 10min major when I was chirping a player on the other team for diving. And when I had a shutout rolling with a 3-0 lead. I have said and done some pretty serious offensive stuff in my time playing and never have been removed from a game besides once in Juniors.

P.S. I hate NCAA rules, some of them are so damn childish...
                Well, no it's not absurd. Players (including goalie) seem to think they have the right to chirp and trash talk another team or player. It's just an accepted way of doing things so most of the time it is let go. But you are really making a mockery of the game and the trash talking and chirp does fall under "unsportsmanlike".

This is really about game management for the referee. What you are essentially trying to do when you chirp at another player is getting under his skin to get a reaction out of him. Well, the reaction that you might get probably won't be them not "diving", it'll be them chirping back at you and then everything else escalating from there. Taking you off the ice because you seem to be trying to "start" something is actually a pretty good move on his part. If the game got out of hand because you stayed on the ice, then he really wasn't doing his job.

It's the same idea of a ref picking only player to serve a penalty when clearly there were two guys involved. You don't know who's going to sit so you don't get into it.
                Last edited by Weirdo; 06-07-2010, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Johnson and Wales is a culinary school. No need for proper grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Last_Line_of_Defence View Post
                    Damn I'm starving.

Comment

Originally posted by Last_Line_of_Defence View Post
                      I am the one who goes to Johnson and Wales. Not the person who posted the two stories without any grammar or punctuation. It is also one of the top ranked Hospitality School's in North America. The culinary kids are kept at a separate campus 3 miles away from the real one. The greatest part about the school though is I can maintain a 3.7 GPA with hardly doing any work, and I will come out with a great job. So poke fun all you'd like...I will be the one laughing at you for not having to bust my *** for four years and having a great job! HAHAHA!

Comment

Theres no need for the comma after capitalization, I hope you've learned something here.

Comment

Originally posted by smirob View Post
                          Theres no need for the comma after capitalization, I hope you've learned something here.
                          That is absolutely incorrect. The comma after capitalization separates it from spelling as an item on the list. If there was no comma, capitalization and spelling would be considered a single entity. The comma would be unnecessary if the list was only two items.

See Rule #1
                          Commas | Punctuation Rules

And yes, my post was directed at mocha, not Cooper. But Cooper, you could still use some improvement, especially if you are on the roomie side of J&W.
                          Last edited by PSULion22; 06-08-2010, 11:57 AM.

Comment

That is absolutely incorrect. The comma after capitalization separates it from spelling as an item on the list. If there was no comma, capitalization and spelling would be considered a single entity. The comma would be unnecessary if the list was only two items.

See Rule #1
                            Commas | Punctuation Rules
                            Comma Rules
                            Comma Rules

You're wrong, the and acts as the comma for the final entry. Look it up.

Comment

So here I am reading the Grammar, Punctuation thread in the Hot Stove... wait... no I'm not.

btw, bad spelling and punctuation pisses me off

Comment

Originally posted by G-Naz View Post
                                So here I am reading the Grammar, Punctuation thread in the Hot Stove... wait... no I'm not.

btw, bad spelling and punctuation pisses me off
                                Yeah i agree, i just don't like people trying to point out others mistakes when everybody makes them.

Comment

Working...
                                X