tahts right .

I did it

IPA

come and be pwned
        Longhammer, Stone, or something else...

Comment

Motopui.

(PUI = Posting Under the Influence)

Moto, give your car keys to someone. Lock up your motorcycles and give the ignition keys to someone and the lock keys to someone else.

Comment

I to would be interested in which brewery's IPA you consumed. Timber is correct about driving after having a growler full of an IPA.

For those that may not know, I will define IPA. IPA or India Pale Ale is a style that was born in England when the British controlled India. They needed a beer that could make the long voyage, via wooden sailing vessel, from the British Isle around the tip of Africa and then on to India. The British Army needed the beer for their troops' daily ration.

They came up with the solution to their problem. They brewed a beer that was higher in alcohol and hops as they are both natural preservatives. Thus IPA was born and contiunes to be a poular style to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by wortchillergoal View Post
              For those that may not know, I will define IPA. IPA or India Pale Ale is a style that was born in England when the British controlled India. They needed a beer that could make the long voyage, via wooden sailing vessel, from the British Isle around the tip of Africa and then on to India. The British Army needed the beer for their troops' daily ration.

They came up with the solution to their problem. They brewed a beer that was higher in alcohol and hops as they are both natural preservatives. Thus IPA was born and contiunes to be a poular style to this day.
              I like worthchiller's bedtime stories.

Comment

I like IPAs. Hopslam from Bells may be the best ever.

Comment

What the hell is the growler?

- Nice

Comment

New Belgium Brewery. Abbey Ale.

Done and done.

Comment

I thought they were only for pale injuuns...wowowowowow how

Comment

well the explanation of the growler was cute, but the dutch had it for a long time stole it from the germans of course

grolsch beer.

used to be in brown bottles (now green) and untill this day use the porcelain and rubber lock mechanism.

Excellence in brewing since 1615......

Grollen in dutch (from the old dutch word grolsch) means growling.

hence your name growler.
                        my granddad swears with the stuff, doesn't drink anything else.

pun.
                        Last edited by punisher; 07-02-2007, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Ahh yes, Grolsch. That's some mighty good brew right there.
                          I'll have to have one (or two) after tonight's hockey workout!

Comment

Originally posted by Holy the Goalie View Post
                            New Belgium Brewery. Abbey Ale.

Done and done.
                            While I enjoy a good Abbey Ale, it is it's own style and not an IPA. The abbey style has a nice history as well. The style was born in Belgium. It was made by monks. They are a heavier beer intended to help the monks get through fasting periods. As time went by, the beer also helped the monks raise funds for their monastery.

I have used the brown Grolsch bottles to bottle my beer. I will not use green as that color lends to the beer getting skunky much easier.

Comment

well the brown are still available,

and if you really would like a trip worthwhile, the real abbeys that make beer in Belgium is a nice trip, you can do it in a few days, since there are only 8 left that still make beer.

pun.

is the grolsch imported or is it brewed there in the states?

Comment

Working...
                              X