Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Moderator elections

Who I'm voting for and Why.

The overriding thought process in approaching this election is like a doctor, to DO NO HARM. Prior to last years elections and the years preceding, this place was a damned zoo and totally out of control. Moderators, good or bad have a lot to do with how the membership is treated, feels and approaches this place as citizens of our community.

The elections should not be a personality contest but rather an intelligent process of who BEST can function as a responsible, approachable member/moderator. If you aren't absolutely sure of the person, check your vote. We DO NOT want a repeat of past mistakes.

Super moderator;

Fram- He's capable, he's a long term member, he's rock steady and he's reasonable. He can also program all facets of the board and is an anchor to this boards stability. He's also local to the Goaliestore/Vancouver area.

Goaltendah - He's a long term member, he's reasonable and eloquent. He's slow to anger and committed to the boards health. He's proven himself in other forums that he's the real deal and loyal to this boards health.

Leaferguy - Similar traits to goaltender as well as he's extremely intelligent and empathetic. I think Leafer would be a good young member that would bring balance to the boards decision making process.

Doctor Forum;

I would like to ask sean to make a two person forum and I FULLY support both candidates.

Cubanpuckstoppr - He has been the best moderator of the board and has fixed the many ills of that particular forum. He's a true asset to the board.

Sloth - He's a long time member and has coaching experience as well as board moderation and programming knowledge. He'd be a valuable asset to the board.

HS an other forums;

Foxton

EvilPepe

Both of these fellow have struck me as reasonable, level headed people that could function well in this capacity.

Equipment Forum;

Me, motogoalie - I, along with several other people (both moderators and members) have been responsible for banning several con artists on this boards classified forum. I've also been very approachable on membership issues as well as I take a very mentor--like role for noobs, boons and all alike. I've tried to keep the EF and ER forums free of total crap and useful for all.

Adavis - Behind the scenes, this guy has been responsible for most all of the good outcomes on various actions. He's highly involved, very very levelheaded and is an advocate for looking at all sides of an issue and taking your time making decisions. He's also available at all hours of the day.

Either way, I'd like to thank Cubanpuckstoppr, Adavis and Fram for thier counself, guidance and patience with me as we've worked to fix the various problems over the year.

This election and the many people volunteering. is a good, healthy sign that this board is thriving and healthy.

My Vote gets to Keeps!

Im bringing on a new campaign!!!
    Bring Fusion back! We want Fusion back! We want Fusion back! We want Fusion back! We want Fusion back! We want Fusion back! We want Fusion back! We want Fusion back! We want Fusion back! We want Fusion back! We want Fusion back! We want Fusion back! We want Fusion back! We want Fusion back!

WE LOVE YOU FUSION!

Comment

I won't share who I'm planning to vote for (except myself, of course ), but I will say one thing on the subject...

Whatever you do, make sure you vote for someone who is and will continue to be active on the board. There's several mods who just aren't active at all, and are basically useless in their position. Take a look at what the different people who are volunteering to be mods have to say about things, and make a choice based not on who you like but who will do the right thing.

'nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by hroark2112 View Post
        I won't share who I'm planning to vote for (except myself, of course ), but I will say one thing on the subject...

Whatever you do, make sure you vote for someone who is and will continue to be active on the board. There's several mods who just aren't active at all, and are basically useless in their position. Take a look at what the different people who are volunteering to be mods have to say about things, and make a choice based not on who you like but who will do the right thing.

'nuff said.

Or just do what everyone does in the real elections A) don't vote or B) blindly vote for your party. It's the American way, yo.

Comment

If Moto wants them, I don't

Comment

Originally posted by buffay34 View Post
            If Moto wants them, I don't
            Moto is not affiliated with the 'Vote for Foxton' campaign and any comments in the negative from him are to be ignored. Positives however are welcomed.

Comment

i think you should all vote for me as we need at least one lunatic helping to run this asylum and being a euro tard too should help my case right?

Comment

Don't think so Moose, you'd have to communicate clearly, concisely and legibly otherwise no one would know what was going on and mutiny could occur, or mass confusion at least.

Plus everyone here is a lunatic to some degree so that doesn't make you any different from anyone else here.

Comment

Comment

^ Don't feel bad moose

If they did take on a token Euro - you would lose to Lars anyway

Comment

^^^^^^^^
                      I'm sorry but the teeth were not horrible enough, though thats not to say I couldn't have put more effort into it.

Last edited by Foxton; 06-09-2007, 07:57 PM.

Comment

I'd like to say that regardless how the elections turn out that serving as a mod with Moto, Fram, and Cuban has been an honor. Those guys are why the bb is being run as well as it is right now and we are all in their debt.

In addition Sean has been a wonderful backbone for the whole thing. He's incredibly approachable and takes his work here very seriously. He takes alot of flak and I would hazard a guess he will continue to. The new mods coming in will get to see just how much of this bb's positive development can be credited to Paul and Sean.

Comment

Originally posted by adavis View Post
                          I'd like to say that regardless how the elections turn out that serving as a mod with Moto, Fram, and Cuban has been an honor. Those guys are why the bb is being run as well as it is right now and we are all in their debt.

In addition Sean has been a wonderful backbone for the whole thing. He's incredibly approachable and takes his work here very seriously. He takes alot of flak and I would hazard a guess he will continue to. The new mods coming in will get to see just how much of this bb's positive development can be credited to Paul and Sean.

I'd like to help out as I did volunteer for nomination as a mod, Im on the board all day and want this board to keep at the pace it is going... it can only get better. The current mod's have done a hellova job getting some of the unwanted's out ! That was a the best thing, now it just needs to keep with the positives and focus on continuing to make this a great BB that all of the goalies want to continue posting on !

I dont need to make a sig or anything.
                          Just a
                          Vote for Rob will do !

Vote for Rob !!

Comment

Originally posted by adavis View Post
                            I'd like to say that regardless how the elections turn out that serving as a mod with Moto, Fram, and Cuban has been an honor.
                            So we have the first negative ad of the BB mod elections, that didn't take long.

Seriously, you guys have done a heck of a job. Thank you.

Comment

I hope that if I am elected, that I can do as good if not better than the nods here already. I am a mod. on the GEW, so I think I could do it. I hope you guys think I can to.
                              Good luck all.

Comment

Working...
                              X