Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A very disappointing transaction with Jerry VanVelden!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very disappointing transaction with Jerry VanVelden!

It's unfortunate that this even needs to be posted, but I believe it is important to share both good & bad experiences with each other here. This one is a bad one, and I am both saddened and surprised that it turned out this way.

In February, I contacted Jerry VanVelden about purchasing a new pro cat-eye cage for a mask I bought from another GSBB member (That transaction was perfect, thanks Somethingwicked!!). He gave me a price, and I also asked if he could get me new padding, as the old stuff was not so much padding anymore as it was a spacer between the mask & your face!! He gave me a price for this, and told me that since I was ordering a cage, he wouldn't charge extra for shipping the padding (which made perfect sense, but was a nice gesture in any case).

I sent payment via Paypal in mid February. For several weeks, I heard nothing. No cage, no padding. I contacted him in early March. On March 13, I received a package with ONLY the padding. No cage. I e-mailed immediately and his e-mail was being returned as undeliverable. Not a good thing, right? Another GSBB member gave me his new e-mail address, so I e-mailed that & finally got up with him.

Jerry advised me that he had sent both the cage and the padding the same day. Since the package with the padding was sealed and had not been opened, I thought this was a bit odd...that he would send them in 2 different packages. He told me that he would send another cage. I asked him to send it with some kind of tracking number so we could ensure it was received (the padding package was sent with delivery confirmation). He told me he would. A few weeks later, no cage. I contacted him again, he told me he sent it a few weeks ago, but with no tracking. I told him I had still not received EITHER cage he had sent.

He told me he would send a third cage to me, and that if I received either of the first 2 to return the cages to him. I assured him that I would, and asked him to send this cage with tracking and confirmation,which he said he would do. A week later, nothing. No cage. No tracking number. Nothing. I e-mailed him and asked him about the cage & tracking number. He told me that his wife had mailed it the previous Monday, and that he would get the tracking number from her. That was 2 Mondays ago. Still no cage. Still no tracking number. I am now receiving NO response from his e-mail address. I have tried to call him on the number listed with the BB. Nothing.

In the interim, I have received (at THIS address) a mask (from Sticheboy, thanks!) and then the mask shipped back to me (Well done to Masked Expressions), the Cursed Gloves (Thanks Drewski!!), several Ebay purchases, my new Maltese combo, and my ******* pads & gloves. I know it's not an issue with my address. I get mail & packages here all the time.

The fact that this problem has arisen with a respected mask maker is very surprising. I never expected it, and cannot believe it has happened. The total lack of honesty here is amazing...I paid for the mask & padding via Paypal within an hour of being quoted the price. If he wasn't going to send the cage, all he had to do was say no, and reverse the transaction. It's not the money, I spend plenty on hockey gear & parts (maybe too much??) and the $85 for the cage is almost a non-issue to me. Almost...I'd still rather have the cage!

yeah this is a little suspicious, i've never had the opportunity to deal with VV and have obviously (like everyone else here) heard nothing but good about him. I would definetely speak with him again, and demand to be refunded for the purchase that never was.

obviously a tracking number is associated with any parcel being shipped, canada post even gives them out, and this benefits both the buyer and seller, because he has confirmation of who signed for the package and when, i doubt he even shipped it at all, probably keeps putting on the "to-do" list and keeps forgetting.

best of luck, hope everything works out in the end

Comment

Just imagine what would have happened if you got that cursed teddy bear.

Comment

Originally posted by evildink
        Just imagine what would have happened if you got that cursed teddy bear.
        At least I would have received the cursed teddy bear. I could have then loosed its wrath upon those who have wronged me!

Comment

Originally posted by hroark2112
          At least I would have received the cursed teddy bear. I could have then loosed its wrath upon those who have wronged me!
          Or it could have eaten all your goalie gear... and your family... and you LOL

Comment

Or it could have eaten all your goalie gear... and your family... and you LOL
            He's a cursed teddy bear...but he's not THAT big. He'd be full up after one set of pads!

Comment

In case anyone knows where I could get a cat-eye cage, here's a pic of the mask (after paint):

I'd really like to wear this mask at some point...

Comment

He's a cursed teddy bear...but he's not THAT big. He'd be full up after one set of pads!
                if you can believe that a teddy bear could come to life and eat pads and people, why is it so hard to believe he'd have a hefty appetite? LOL

Honestly why don't you just have new holes drilled to put an Eddy cage or something else on it? That's what I did.

Comment

if you can believe that a teddy bear could come to life and eat pads and people, why is it so hard to believe he'd have a hefty appetite? LOL

Honestly why don't you just have new holes drilled to put an Eddy cage or something else on it? That's what I did.
                  To be honest, I was trying to put the right cage on the right mask. I THOUGHT it was the right thing to do!

Comment

I believe VV ghosts for Vaughn masks. I'd bet you a Vaughn Cage would fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulbare
                      I believe VV ghosts for Vaughn masks. I'd bet you a Vaughn Cage would fit.
                      Tried that...I have a cat-eye for a 5500 mask. Not even close

Comment

well I FINALLY found my VV Pro Cats Eye cage. There were so many peoples interested in it that I'm just gonna put them up on ebay and let them go to whoever. I don't want to have to pick one person and feel like a jerk to everyone else.
                        Last edited by Evildink; 05-28-2006, 02:16 PM.

Comment

well I FINALLY found my VV Pro Cats Eye cage. There were so many peoples interested in it that I'm just gonna put them up on ebay and let them go to whoever. I don't want to have to pick one person and feel like a jerk to everyone else.
                          Good call!! Wouldn't want it to go to some freak or a gear whore!!!

Comment

Sounds like you're out of luck on both counts there, hroark

Comment

Thats EXACTLY who I expect to get it. Problem is there's so many of them out there to pick just one. Don't worry Hroark, I'll be sure to send you a link. hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X