logical riddle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logical riddle

I won't lie, the managment problem thread inspired this one. My dad being a mathmatician, I grew up with riddles of logic. Here is one for the GSBB population. The winner will recieve the covoted "uber nerdy cool guy/girl award" The riddle is as follows

You are driving to your hockey game (gotta apply it to this BB). As you drive along this winding road you come up to a T intersection that isn't on the map. Standing at either side of the sign at the end of the road are two men. Now you know for whatever reason that one man only tells the truth, and one man can only lie. What you don't know is which one is which. Now you are starting to run late, and only have time to ask one question to one of the men to figure out which way to go. What question do you ask?

You ask one man what road would the other man say to take and then take the opposite road.

Comment

I had heard a similar riddle involving you being chased by canabols and come to a split with a canibal and normal person and at the end of each is a good camp and canibol camp. You don't know who is who and can only ask one question. The answer to that is which way to your camp. The good guy tells the truth so you are set. The canibol lies and tells you your camp instead of his, so your set. I know this but not yours. I am dissapointed in myself.

Edit: It seems someone already got the right answer!

Comment

ask the man on the left what side of the road he is standing on. if he lies and tells you he's on the right, kick him in the balls and ask the other guy for directions

Comment

"logic" + Hot Stove forum= running around screaming with massive headache

Comment

Mulnik: Does the sign say which way i should go to find the rink? If so, whatever I ask either of the men is kid of moot.

Comment

Alright, here's one for you.

A man is very, very behind on his taxes. The tax collector offers him a deal: They are standing on a gravel road made of black and white stones. He will pick up two stones, one black and one white, and put them in his bag. If the man pulls out a white stone, his taxes will be forgiven. If the man pulls out a black stone, the tax collector gets to take his daughter. The man, knowing that if he has to pay his taxes he is ruined and his daughter will be up for even worse, agrees. However, he also sees the tax collector pick up two black stones and put them in his bag.

Without accusing the collector of cheating, how can he insure his debt is forgiven?

Comment

wort is right.

rhanz,
                He takes out one stone, and says to the man that the stone left in the bag is black, which leaves a white stone hidden in his hand, thus his taxes must be forgiven.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by wortchillergoal
                  You ask one man what road would the other man say to take and then take the opposite road.
                  You sir just won the "uber nerdy cool guy award"!!!!

*claps hands*

Comment

A third riddle

3 women arrive at a hotel and go to check in only to find the front desk empty. Soon a maid comes by and trys to help. The maid tells the women that one room is 30 dollars for the night. The women each chip in 10 bucks and go to the room. When the desk clerk returns the maid explains what happened. The desk clerk informs the maid that the room is only 25 dollars and sends her back with 5 dollars to give to the women.

The Maid decides that the women could not split 5 dollaars between the three of them so she pockets 2 bucks and gives each woman a dollar.

So if each woman got a dollar back they paid 9 bucks each (27 dollars) and the maid has 2 dollars which makes 29 dollars so where is the 30th dollar?

Comment

Originally posted by Damion
                      A third riddle
                      Thanks fir making me feel like a dumbass.

Comment

If you knew enough to know that out of two men at the un-mapped instersection, one man could only lie, and the other man could only tell the truth, surely to heck you'd know the way to the rink!

Comment

3 women arrive at a hotel and go to check in only to find the front desk empty. Soon a maid comes by and trys to help. The maid tells the women that one room is 30 dollars for the night. The women each chip in 10 bucks and go to the room. When the desk clerk returns the maid explains what happened. The desk clerk informs the maid that the room is only 25 dollars and sends her back with 5 dollars to give to the women.

The Maid decides that the women could not split 5 dollaars between the three of them so she pockets 2 bucks and gives each woman a dollar.

So if each woman got a dollar back they paid 9 bucks each (27 dollars) and the maid has 2 dollars which makes 29 dollars so where is the 30th dollar?
                          $2 should be added to the clerk's $25 or subtracted from the 3 womens $27, not added to the womens $27. So, 25 to the clerk, 2 to the maid and 3 bucks to the women.

Comment

So where does the girl from Nantucket come into this?

Comment

The 30th dollar bought the extra vowel in the word dollaar....

Comment

Working...
                              X