http://www.startribune.com/debut-tim...nhl/401604595/

Saw this on the GSBB facebook group and wanted to share it here too

Soon they'll start limiting goalies height to 5'8" lol

Comment

• dreadlockgoalie
      dreadlockgoalie commented
      Editing a comment
      My time is finally here!

I like how apparently no one knew that this process was going to be incredibly time consuming and difficult. And they're doing this mid season!? By the way, how come no one seems to remember all the equipment reduction changes coming out of the 2004-2005 lockout? That's when everything was reduced including C/As and pants and the Kay Whitmore department was founded. I have no problem with streamlining goaltender equipment, but it seems like a hell of a lot of trouble for what will likely have no affect on goal scoring. But if that's what the mob wants, fine. It will be interesting to see what will happen after all these changes are implemented and goalies eventually adjust, and then goals per game remains the same. Will they cry about gear again, forgetting once again that it has already been reduced? Or will they call for the larger nets?

Comment

• dreadlockgoalie
      dreadlockgoalie commented
      Editing a comment
      The league and owners are looking for that quick and easy fix, as well as scapegoats. Fact is that the way the game is coached and played today is to keep the other team off the scoresheet more than put the puck in the other team's net. Goalies are part of that but it has more to do with the size, skill and coaching of today's generation, rather than equipment. It's still a much smaller part than the league makes it out to be, though. The days of '80s level scoring are probably never coming back.

This season it seems like there are already 2-3 9+ goals scored a game each night. Goalies aren't the problem, coaches are, and if anything the size of the rink is too small for these players.

Comment

Sorry. These rules may seem petty, but when guys like Ryan Miller can hide behind sign posts on the street and look like this on the ice... the league needs to step in.

Comment

• WillyGrips13
        WillyGrips13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Fine, but do you really think it will matter? You think Miller will suddenly forget everything he's learned over his entire playing career and an inch here and an inch there will mean he's in the ECHL in a year? I'd say no.

Saw this:

Reminded me of Ryan Miller.

Comment

Another beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by MTH View Post
          Saw this:

Reminded me of Ryan Miller.
          I mean, that is Brown who is advertising to older and out of shape goalies. The only thing they really make that is usable to a modern style goalie is their chest and even then it is not mobile and lightweight compared to the competition. I'm talking about their main pieces and not their jock/knee guards.

The point of the paint rule is to fix Miller, he has yet to wear the new pants.

Comment

Oddly enough, the pants rule coming into effect on February 4 is aimed more at Markstrom, not Miller.
            Last edited by daddyohsix; 01-17-2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daddyohsix View Post
              Oddly enough, the pants rule coming into effect on February 4 is aimed more at Markstrom, not Miller.
              Why is that?

Comment

Am I the only one who cannot see any of those pictures that MTH posted other than the Holtby/Peters picture?

Comment

Originally posted by Hills View Post

I mean, that is Brown who is advertising to older and out of shape goalies.
                  Geez, I wonder how big of a market this is?

Comment

Originally posted by Wonder View Post

Geez, I wonder how big of a market this is?
                    Not us, not ever!

Comment

Working...
                    X