Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Labatt is no longer Canadian

Check it out...

Since March 3, 2004, you boys who've been drinking Labatt's have been drinking BRAZILIAN BEER!!!!!

Labatt Merger

How could the Canadian gov't stand by and let your country lose a national treasure?!?!?

Have you ever tried Labatt beer?? It only tastes good....whencompared to American beer. Otherwise, it's terrible.

Emile

Edited to point out the irony of my 420th post coming while my avatar is a picture of Ludacris

Comment

Re: Looks like Labatt is no longer Canadian

Originally posted by sergei
      How could the Canadian gov't stand by and let your country lose a national treasure?!?!?
      Good, if it is treasure we should bury it. Labatts would be worth more as a buried treasure. I won't go looking to dig it up.

Comment

Labatt-brewed beer is a national embarassment, not a treasure. We have so many good micros, but foreigners only recognize the brand-name bland beers like Blue and Molson Canadian.

Also, urine is urine, no matter what name is goes by. If Guiness owned Labatt and they still brewed Blue using the current recipe then I still would not drink it.

On the bright side, it looks like this is going to turn into a beer thread!

Comment

Originally posted by mikey_j
          Labatt-brewed beer is a national embarassment, not a treasure. We have so many good micros, but foreigners only recognize the brand-name bland beers like Blue and Molson Canadian.

Also, urine is urine, no matter what name is goes by. If Guiness owned Labatt and they still brewed Blue using the current recipe then I still would not drink it.

On the bright side, it looks like this is going to turn into a beer thread!
          Hear, Hear mikey j. I only thought to be kinder to swill than I usally am. I can't remember the name but I had a great Eisbock from a brewery in the northern part of Cananda. That was a great beer.

Comment

Good riddance! Anyone want to have a nice cold A Marca Bavaria?

in the northern part of Cananda. That was a great beer.
            Could you stereotype yourself a little more next time? American ignorance I tell you.

In the Northern part of Canada!

Comment

I have to point out that Labatt Brewing hasn't been a Canadian company for several years. Interbrew SA is a Belgian company that acquired them a while back. That's why the Blue Jays were sold off; Interbrew didn't see them as part of the core business.

And you're right; Blue is about the bottom rung, moving up the ladder of Canadian beers. What I wouldn't give to have a few Alexander Keith's this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by wortchillergoal
                Hear, Hear mikey j. I only thought to be kinder to swill than I usally am. I can't remember the name but I had a great Eisbock from a brewery in the northern part of Cananda. That was a great beer.
                I'm not sure if this is the one you're referring to, but the one classic Eisbock I know of is made by Niagara Falls Brewery (from my hometown), widely regarded as one of the world's best ice beers. They have a number of other great beers as well.

Funny enough, Niagara Falls Brewery makes most of their money by selling brewing equipment to other micros and not by brewing beer.

Comment

Labatt's is to Canadian college kids as Natural Light is to US college kids. I remember in college going to the store with $10 and having 3 choices

1. 6 pack of Guiness, Sam Adams or other "upper-class" beer
                  2. 12 pack of Bud, Bud Light, or similar
                  3. Case of Natty Light (and a bag of chips to boot!)

Easy choice in college....#3!!!!

Comment

Dont you mean Labatts is to canadian college kids as Keystone (as well as Natty) is to american college kids??

Around here, 30 'stones are cheaper than 24 Nattys by about 2 or 3 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by lacrossekid01
                      Good riddance! Anyone want to have a nice cold A Marca Bavaria?

Could you stereotype yourself a little more next time? American ignorance I tell you.

In the Northern part of Canada!
                      Not American ignorance but a fat finger and trying to do too many things at the same time. Ye of little faith.

Comment

Crest.

10% extra strong

1.85 a king can

tastes like *** and gives you severe beer goggles.

nothing better for the starving student.

Comment

Labatt's should sell the giant goalie mask Pez dispenser in the commercial. That might make up for the taste...

Comment

Originally posted by KDB
                            Labatt's should sell the giant goalie mask Pez dispenser in the commercial. That might make up for the taste...
                            They do.

Comment

Originally posted by hateclowns
                              They do.
                              yup. go to their website.

Comment

Working...
                              X