• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernie Parent's Mask Turns Up After 41 years

Pretty cool that it turned up.

After 41 years, goalie mask of Flyers legend Parent turns up

Amazing story.

Comment

wow. never thought it would actually be found. very cool.

Comment

Wasnt it sent back to him in a shoebox a couple weeks after it was lost?

Comment

I watched that game. Parent was pissed, and kept pointing into the crowd. If I'm not mistaken, that game was the reason the NHL now mandates that goalies have to have at least 2 masks available for all games. Hadfield was such a douche. Wasn't he the same guy who when told he wasn't going to dress for Canada in a game during the summit series, quit the team and flew home? Classy guy.

Comment

Originally posted by markus30 View Post
            Wasnt it sent back to him in a shoebox a couple weeks after it was lost?
            According to the article, no - it wasn't seen again until 2006. It's cool that the owner will donate it to the hockey HOF when he dies.

Comment

Only Rangers fans would steal a piece of the starting goalies gear so he couldnt finish the game.

bunch o' weasels.

Comment

video

See the brawl here Old Time Hockey Brawl- Maple Leafs & Rangers - YouTube

Comment

Wow cool story.

Comment

A woman got it and concealed it by putting it down in her dress to look like she was pregnant. That is why they could not find it and be able to get it out of the building.

Comment

Originally posted by JHanson View Post
                      wow. never thought it would actually be found. very cool.
                      Same. I always wondered if whoever had it realized it's historical significance.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey 32 View Post
                        If I'm not mistaken, that game was the reason the NHL now mandates that goalies have to have at least 2 masks available for all games.
                        Pretty sure Hank didn't have a second mask a few weeks back. Don't remember what game it was, but he bust a clip on top of the mask and got it taped up at the bench cause they weren't carrying a spare...

Comment

Originally posted by octoscott View Post
                          Pretty sure Hank didn't have a second mask a few weeks back. Don't remember what game it was, but he bust a clip on top of the mask and got it taped up at the bench cause they weren't carrying a spare...
                          Or he was killing time and momentum.....

Comment

I wonder if this means someone will bring my stolen mask from 3 years ago back to me.

No, probably not.

Cool story though.

~Brent

Comment

Working...
                            X