X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luongo Trade

Sorry for 2 threads, but saw this on Twitter as well!

I think its obvious it was going to come up, but i hear the nucks are serious about letting him go now.

Originally posted by iQuickk View Post

I think its obvious it was going to come up, but i hear the nucks are serious about letting him go now.
    If they find a buyer, I think they'll go for it. Question is, who will it be?

Comment

They should send him back to the Islanders for Nabokov. This way the Islanders can have the two worst goalie contracts in the league. And after that they can try and acquire Bryz.

Comment

Originally posted by sloth2946 View Post
        They should send him back to the Islanders for Nabokov. This way the Islanders can have the two worst goalie contracts in the league. And after that they can try and acquire Bryz.
        Lol very true

Comment

Originally posted by stackem33 View Post
          If they find a buyer, I think they'll go for it. Question is, who will it be?
          Tampa? 10char

Comment

Originally posted by sloth2946 View Post
            And after that they can try and acquire Bryz.

Comment

I wonder if they would bring him back to Florida.

He is very close with his family and his wife's family. They are all here (and don't want to move the kids) and the distance is tough on them and I'm sure it weighs on him also. He's a very quiet, family-centered guy that would probably be happier closer to home.

Comment

I personally cant see why anyone would want to be saddled with his contract. You would basically have to pay another team in order to take it on! Say.. Luo and a 1st for some mid level prospect.. or a salary dump in return.
                Vancouver would get way more in return for Schneider......

Comment

Originally posted by iQuickk View Post

Twitter? Really? If it's not straight from the GM's Twitter account, then it's just hearsay.

Comment

Originally posted by caveman27 View Post
                    Twitter? Really? If it's not straight from the GM's Twitter account, then it's just hearsay.
                    I'd say it's so obvious that it's beyond twitter. The only reason he's still a Canuck is because of his albatross contract. Only way he gets traded is if there's some team at the cap floor that has to spend in order to stay in compliance. If not, he's shackled to the team. Personally, I love it, but then, I can be an a-hole sometimes.

Edit: I mean, c'mon, you take the reigns away from your obvious #1 in the playoffs a game earlier than usual and your low-cost, younger, less baggeged phenom plays solid and only gives up two goals in two games? No need to read between the lines here.
                    Last edited by Unholygoalie; 04-19-2012, 03:58 PM.

Comment

At this point only this is true: over the summer something will happen regarding our goalies.
                      Other than that there has been no official reports, it's all just rampant speculation.

Comment

When is Schneider's contract up? My guess is that he'd be in a position to force an issue with a raise in value.

I'd love for the Sharks to deal Neimi and grab Schneider. You can have Luo.

Comment

Originally posted by Kael View Post
                          When is Schneider's contract up?
                          After this year. He'll be a restricted free agent this summer.

Comment

here's a good link
                            Vancouver's certainly uncertain goalie future - NHL Playoffs - CBC Sports

Comment

In my dreams, Schneider gets acquired by NJ.

...they're good dreams.

Comment

Working...
                              X