X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've seen some things but that was some serious bs

Anyone else see Ryan Clowe reach over the boards and play the puck from the bench? What's the dirtiest play you've even seen in one of your games?
    Btw, Clowe wasn't even penalized for the play and San Jose ended up winning the game.

Originally posted by toddamus View Post
    Anyone else see Ryan Clowe reach over the boards and play the puck from the bench? What's the dirtiest play you've even seen in one of your games?
    Btw, Clowe wasn't even penalized for the play and San Jose ended up winning the game.

Totally disgraceful play. The league is gonna have to come down real hard on him. I don't think I've ever seen anything less sporting in my life. Ryan Clowe you just lost all respect and credibility you had.

Comment

Right up there with a player/coach on the sidelines tripping a receiver...

Comment

I've seen the articles, any vid on this yes?

Comment

When in doubt, check Puck Daddy, easily the best hockey blog on the web. They always have videos and pictures posted the next day, no matter how minor and obscure the play is. And no, I don't write for them.

Video here:

Watch Sharks’ Clowe break up an odd-man rush from the bench (VIDEO) | Puck Daddy - Yahoo! Sports

I cannot believe this, what a scumbag play! And on a crucial moment in the game was well. That's really embarrassing, this guy should sit several games. What a shame that the Kings didn't get another powerplay because of this play. Pretty much seems like the refs were looking right at the whole thing too.

Comment

Keep it classy lol

Comment

I think the worst thing was when he was asked about it after the game, he said "I don't know what you're talking about." You're so cool bro, keep it edgy, pretending your a conman shutting down police in an interrogation room. If he said something like, "Yeah, that just happened and it was incredibly stupid of me", this would look less ugly.

Comment

As a Kings fan in San Jose, I'm infuriated.

Should be a fun game tomorrow.

Comment

Michael Jordan was once asked if he pushed off in order to get open and make a game winning shot, his answer was something like...was it called?

I do not think that was dirty. Sure he should have gotten two minutes but somehow the refs missed it. The refs miss things like elbowing, tripping, and other penalites all the time. I realize this appears blatantly obvious in the video but puck daddy's awesome use of red arrows and circles demonstrate the refs weren't looking. How lucky was that?!

I can't believe he even tried that, lol. It's something you see at drop in hockeyor practice not in a real game! If it gets called that could be a turning point in the game. I just can't help but laugh that he even tried this.

Comment

I can't agree with you at all. A dirty play is a dirty play, it doesn't matter if the refs saw it.

Comment

Unsportsman like? Absolutely. Dirty? Sure. But hardly the dirtiest play ever. At least his actions put no one’s health in any trouble. The truly dirty plays are the ones that knock players out for games or even seasons.

I honestly can’t believe he had the balls to do this. I find it even more hilarious that he got away with it during the game (I don’t see the NHL letting this slide though) and positionally changed the outcome of the game.

Either way, I do “dirty” things in the crease when I think no one is looking . I’ve tripped people, pushed helmets down, slashed, and pushed the net off to get a whistle. I doubt any of us haven’t.

Comment

why was no ref looknig at the puck, 4 on the ice not 1 was looking at the puck.

Comment

Originally posted by KeepMoore View Post
                          I find it even more hilarious that he got away with it during the game (I don’t see the NHL letting this slide though) and positionally changed the outcome of the game.
                          I don't find it hilarious at all, but I'm biased. Fact of the matter is the Kings shouldn't have even been in that position. They had the Sharks against the ropes and kept letting them crawl back.

Clowe proved himself a douche well before this one play.

Comment

Originally posted by Unholygoalie View Post
                            I don't find it hilarious at all, but I'm biased. Fact of the matter is the Kings shouldn't have even been in that position. They had the Sharks against the ropes and kept letting them crawl back.

Clowe proved himself a douche well before this one play.
                            Not hilarious that he did it, hilarious that he wasn’t penalized during the game.

Comment

this is the dirtiest play I've seen:Donald Brashear Mugged by Marty McSorley - Full Version - YouTube

I was at the game last night, and I'm sorry, but kings fans are a bunch of cry babies and really classless. There were several threats from kings fans to the sharks fans at staples center.... For Christ sakes, its just a game, get over it.

**edit**
                              Why would the league look into this and ban Clowe.... It should have been a minor penalty and thats it. Was it a stupid move by Clowe, yes, but refs didn't see it and he got away with it.... All I got to say is that the final game in SJ WILL be intense.
                              Last edited by knvs; 04-06-2012, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X