Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Goalies' World Magazine?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Goalies' World Magazine?

I have a subscription and the last issue I got was #80 (March 2011) and nothing since then. Their website is down and they are not responding to people on Facebook...

Did they run out of business?

ive been wondering too, the next issue was supposed to be a carey price playoff edition i guess.

no one is replying anywhere about this.

ive heard this has happened in the past

Comment

Originally posted by Zipper View Post
      I have a subscription and the last issue I got was #80 (March 2011) and nothing since then. Their website is down and they are not responding to people on Facebook...

Did they run out of business?

Maybe they heard you attend a elite camp and did not need them anymore

Comment

Website is down also

Comment

The print jounalism world is really tough since the internet has made it much easier to distribute information. lots of small publishers are going out of business since none really wants to buy magazines anymore. You can't blame the consumer either because its easier to get your digital magazines and such and personally easier to read and view and not have to tuse space in your own home to keep archives.

Comment

i tried to get a subscription about a month ago and hadnt heard anything back. i am guessing unfortunately it has gone under.

Comment

Too bad they couldn't merge and put their efforts into the material at ingoalmag.com!

Comment

The "subscription" is not 12 issues a year. I subscribed and it took over a month to get confirmation. I'm assuming since there is no hocky right now, that they are not printing issues. I'm sure there'll be a new issue once the season starts up. Just like the NHL network....ain't nothin' on...(except replays).

Comment

Anyone try calling them ? 418-847-0861 . My gut feeling is they went under. They usally do a playoff wrap up issue after the stanley cup, and one never came out. The last issue was in March, and nothing since makes me think they're gone. I hope not, but it sounds like it.
                  Last edited by Snowman30; 08-24-2011, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Great magazine but it needed more articles of interest. The photo teaching section was great but still a lot of young goalies would look at it once or twice and never consider it again. They want to read about training, diet, workouts, etc and also some personal interest stories. I enjoyed it but I too wanted to see more in the magazine.

Comment

I loved Goalies' World growing up, but it's certainly gone downhill. It's a pretty cheap subscription, so I keep getting it out of nostalgia, and because I like the idea of handing down an almost complete collection to my son someday... but I hardly even read them when they arrive... which is often a couple months behind schedule. By the time I get my Stanley Cup review issue, next season is starting in a few weeks, and I've almost forgot who played that year (not really). The production has been pretty shotty for several years, with text printed and spaced badly. Pictures were recycled, and often several seasons old.

I wouldn't be surprised if it went under... which would be too bad. A magazine like that, which addresses such a niche, can't compete with websites, and even boards like this. I bought Goalies' World for several reasons:

1. Look at color photographs of goalies (satisfied by almost hockey news sites, Getty images, etc.

2. Read the style analysis and get advice on goaltending technique (I can do this through YouTube, or again, by reading interviews on websites).

3. Find pictures of new gear, gear catalogues, etc (ummm there's this board, on the internet, where there's almost too many pictures and too much talk of gear...)

4. Feel part of the goalie community (again, GSBB).

All in all, a magazine like Goalies' World was bound to go under. Sad.

Comment

Appears they are gone and no more... I got my renewal notice in May 2011, tried in June and July to renew and got nothing from them, no charge on my CC, no return of email or voicemail or faxes I sent them. NOTHING...

Seem Goalies World is no more folks... Facebook has not been updated, has a few angry users and their webpage not updated since end of March,2011.

Comment

Much like Stackem I've continued getting it mostly to have an almost complete set.
                          I actually this year decided I won't renew this time, and lo....it is gone.

Honestly this place and in-goal are far far better resources anyway, and have been for a long time.

Comment

I'm sure my refund check is in the mail, since I paid for a year and got 3 issues...

Comment

Goalies'World Magazine: THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE
                              Websites is back up, but still hasn't been updated. Guess Gilles took the money and ran..too bad. He had a pretty good book. If there were problems he should have atleast stop taking subscriptions. Now people are out money for something they never got.
                              Last edited by Snowman30; 09-28-2011, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X