X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Chances

This member has been banned:

ephphd

As most of us surmised, this was Frosty.

So he was originally banned, what 3 years ago??? 4 Maybe????

Anyway....There have been guys who have been banned what 6 times who have become mods. We've had other guys who were banned who re-registered under other pseudonyms who are still here.

The point is...they were given 2nd chances. There have been nothing within ephphd's 16 posts here to indicate that he would not have been a quality contributor. Sure he stirred the pot in the past and even stirred some things here already...but how is that any different than most people here???

At least he has the prospect of contributing something useful, when we still have people here who post 8x a day who have never put anything of value here.

I don't know who banned ephphd this time around but I for one would appreciate it if they would come forward and explain the rationale as to why others get 2nd, 3rd, 6th chances...but this person doesn't?

Originally posted by sloth2946 View Post

ephphd

Anyway....There have been guys who have been banned what 6 times who have become mods. We've had other guys who were banned who re-registered under other pseudonyms who are still here.

The point is...they were given 2nd chances. There have been nothing within ephphd's 16 posts here to indicate that he would not have been a quality contributor. Sure he stirred the pot in the past and even stirred some things here already...but how is that any different than most people here???

At least he has the prospect of contributing something useful, when we still have people here who post 8x a day who have never put anything of value here.

I don't know who banned ephphd this time around but I for one would appreciate it if they would come forward and explain the rationale as to why others get 2nd, 3rd, 6th chances...but this person doesn't?
    If ephphd AKA Frosty would like to join our board again, he is welcome to call Paul and work something out.

1-800-661-4855
    Sean

Comment

ephphd

I didn't ban Frosty, but here are the issues I see with him being allowed back in:

He was perma banned. Every other member who has ever gotten a perma has remained perma'd, with the exception of one.

Our mod who was banned all those times never caught a perma, and has proven to be a very effective mod (if kind of a douche as a member).

He tried to sneak his way back in. Rather than email Paul or Sean or even a mod to contact them, he just started a new account. I would assume that with the recent turmoil he thought he could just squeeze right back in.

He immediately started his new career here with an avatar and name reflecting who he was and posting fairly rude stuff that were right in line with his old behavior here.

The other member who was permad and came back "secretly" has been nothing but an asset when he chooses to post, and has avoided his old behavior solidly.

Edit: Perhap calling Mengele one of the coolest people ever was a bitof a misstep.
      Last edited by adavis; 05-03-2007, 12:03 AM.

Comment

I'll also add that the decision to ban was something discussed by the entire mod group, and was a joint decision, not a singular mods actions.

Comment

Thanks for a touch of transparency guys. I will pass on what I know to Frosty and see if he is interested in discussing it with Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by adavis View Post
            Edit: Perhap calling Mengele one of the coolest people ever was a bitof a misstep.
            It was a joke. Dark and sick but a joke none the less. Could have been worse...it could have been Huntster's cat on the road with a sign that said 'free cat'.

Comment

It was a joke. Dark and sick but a joke none the less. Could have been worse...it could have been Huntster's cat on the road with a sign that said 'free cat'.
              I just meant that it certainly called attention to him.

Comment

Let him back. This board needs Frosty. People who speak their mind instead of kowtowing to the PC Police are in short supply around here. Even though Frosticle used to give me a hard time when I was a newb, I've found myself missing him.

Comment

It's probably not up to the mods to let him stay or not. Let Paul & Sean sort it out, and it will be up to him to say the right things if he wants to come back.

IMNSHO, it was kind of an underhanded thing to do to try to make a new name & sneak back. Just call Paul and see if he'll let you back, sneaking in the backdoor is kind of childish.

Comment

Originally posted by hroark2112 View Post
                    IMNSHO, it was kind of an underhanded thing to do to try to make a new name & sneak back. Just call Paul and see if he'll let you back, sneaking in the backdoor is kind of childish.
                    We're adults ??

Comment

It's probably not up to the mods to let him stay or not. Let Paul & Sean sort it out, and it will be up to him to say the right things if he wants to come back.

I disagree. As Adavis said...there is a member who was perma banned and came back. Most of us knew right away as did the mods, but we let it go to see how he would do, but there were eyes on him.

Long story short Big Daddy is now Dr. Hook who has not posted in a while, I guess due to his military service, but when he does post he is MUCH different than before and a very good guy around these parts...and I was one of the people who called for Big Daddy to be sent to the box and yet I thoroughly enjoy Dr. Hook.

My point is instead of being proactive, people should have given him the benefit of the doubt with a short leash.

The administration here, i.e. Sean has spoken, therefore that is the way it needs to go but I still disagree with it.

Comment

Originally posted by leaferguy View Post
                        We're adults ??

adult-ish

Comment

I disagree. As Adavis said...there is a member who was perma banned and came back. Most of us knew right away as did the mods, but we let it go to see how he would do, but there were eyes on him.

Long story short Big Daddy is now Dr. Hook who has not posted in a while, I guess due to his military service, but when he does post he is MUCH different than before and a very good guy around these parts...and I was one of the people who called for Big Daddy to be sent to the box and yet I thoroughly enjoy Dr. Hook.

My point is instead of being proactive, people should have given him the benefit of the doubt with a short leash.

The administration here, i.e. Sean has spoken, therefore that is the way it needs to go but I still disagree with it.
                          I don't know the whole history of Frosty. I don't care to go searching through all his posts, but I have seen some of them. I wouldn't lose sleep one way or the other if he's banned or allowed. It's not my board. It is Paul's board and he'll have the final say.

My point was that, instead of trying to "pull a fast one" and sneak in, he could have just called Paul and asked for another chance. Apparently he didn't do that. Thus, he's gone again.

From the look of the posts he made, he didn't really try to hide that he was an old member coming back. He did stir the pot and piss people off. Don't we have enough of that here?

What one person feels is "saying it like it is" and "not sugar-coating things" comes across as a major case of jackass to others. There are ways to not sugar coat things without being a douche.

Comment

I don't know the whole history of Frosty. I don't care to go searching through all his posts, but I have seen some of them. I wouldn't lose sleep one way or the other if he's banned or allowed. It's not my board. It is Paul's board and he'll have the final say.

My point was that, instead of trying to "pull a fast one" and sneak in, he could have just called Paul and asked for another chance. Apparently he didn't do that. Thus, he's gone again.

From the look of the posts he made, he didn't really try to hide that he was an old member coming back. He did stir the pot and piss people off. Don't we have enough of that here?

What one person feels is "saying it like it is" and "not sugar-coating things" comes across as a major case of jackass to others. There are ways to not sugar coat things without being a douche.
                            By the fact that he made it obvious who he was I would say that negates the concept that he tried to sneak in through the back door. Hell, on his first post Leafer knew who it was.

And I disagree..I believe that there are so many stupid people here who think they are smart that they need to be slammed over the head with how stupid they really are. Lord knows I do it. Lord knows probably more than half the active membership here probably thinks I am a douche...yet I am allowed to do as I wish for the most part.

Comment

By the fact that he made it obvious who he was I would say that negates the concept that he tried to sneak in through the back door. Hell, on his first post Leafer knew who it was.

And I disagree..I believe that there are so many stupid people here who think they are smart that they need to be slammed over the head with how stupid they really are. Lord knows I do it. Lord knows probably more than half the active membership here probably thinks I am a douche...yet I am allowed to do as I wish for the most part.
                              Unfortunately, slamming most of them over the head won't make them change, it just pisses them off and makes them say more stupid crap (i.e. Fusion, sToPtHePuCk, et al). I agree that there are many who need a swift kick in the cajones, but it won't help.

Just for the record, I am not in the majority who think you're a douche...I just think he could have handled a return in a different manner and made things turn out differently.

Comment

Working...
                              X