X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIMMAAYY
    started a topic "feeler" threads

"feeler" threads

In light of the recent increase in this inane marketing ploy to take the sting out of someone actually "selling" something, I'd like to suggest the following:

We need a "classifieds form" to fill out. This will help solve a LOT of problems. It would have line items you can pick for WTT, WTB, FSBO.... whatever works best for the subject line, and then you get a brief description for the title line. I'm sure there are lots of ways to do it, but it will make viewing the classifieds much easier if it is all uniform.

Any other ideas on this? I can come up with dozens of options and formats for it, but i'ts not my board. I'm just trying to help clean it up a little bit and make it more usable.

I'm just sick of seeing the word "feeler" in every other friggin post. It's for sale, or it aint! What are you going to do... see how much you can get and then decide not to sell it? Easy answer. Post a price you want. If you don't get it, you don't have to sell it. It's not rocket science.

Any other input on how to format a classifieds ad form?

• Soritong
    replied
    Ahhhhhh.

Gotcha.

Leave a comment:

• Botts
    replied
    They are called "curb feelers."

Leave a comment:

• Soritong
    replied
    I.....I don't get it?

Leave a comment:

• guest2
    replied
    If you post a Feeler for a set of these, does it cancel itself out ????

eis
    Last edited by guest2; 03-29-2006, 08:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TIMMAAYY
    replied
    Originally posted by CubanPuckstoppr
    Feelers should all be confined to one thread.

As should the ever popular "As seen on Ebay', with the cursory "not my auction" threads.

An example of how not to bump a sale

http://goaliestore.com/board/showthread.php?t=47259

Someone please buy these pads a free some bandwidth
    Yeah... one big humongous gigantic gargantuan hella-DELETED thread.

Leave a comment:

• CubanPuckstoppr
    replied
    Feelers should all be confined to one thread.

As should the ever popular "As seen on Ebay', with the cursory "not my auction" threads.

An example of how not to bump a sale

http://goaliestore.com/board/showthread.php?t=47259

Someone please buy these pads a free some bandwidth

Leave a comment:

• TIMMAAYY
    replied
    And there ya go....

Frustrating, isn't it?!?!?!

Leave a comment:

• goalie30
    replied
    Do a search

http://64.119.187.28/board/showthread.php?t=37704

Leave a comment:

• TIMMAAYY
    replied
    Insert tacky double post here...

Originally posted by rustpot
    I'd personally like the commerce section split up.

A section for gloves, one for leg pads, another for C/A's, one for WTB ads, and so on

someone wanting to sell a matching set or everything all at once can do so in the general section, and post a link to the main sale in each corresponding subsection.

That way someone wanting a new mask will go to the mask section instead of posting a new thread- and in going to that section, they wont have to wade through the top 5 pages to get the 6 posts having "mask" in the title, worrying about the ad being too old sicne it's sitting on the fifth page.

bumping will be less common since there will be less to clutter each section, WTB ads will have their own place that people can check first when looking to sell something, and the silly "OMFG look at this ebay n00b's crappy pics!" won't cause someone'd ads to drop back a page or 3 in a day

Just an idea, but i think it will help clean things up
    I don't mind the occasional bump. But every day is a little annoying. I'm sure we've all been guilty of it in the past as some point. Looking back though, it's really not necessary. Someone looking to buy will sort through the pages, or actually DO A SEARCH! (GASP!)

Splitting up the classifieds is not necessary. That will only make for more frustration. If you are looking for something, post a WTB thread. There's no way to prevent a classified ad from being bumped back several pages in a few days, since we have what .... over 4,000 people on here now? That's a lot of shopping going on here. And if someone has multiple items, they would have to post several threads.... and that isn't going to work. If it was just more uniform, and did NOT give you the stupid term "feeler" as an option, that would be terrific. IMO, if you use the word "feeler" anywhere in the advertisement, you should be banned for a month. You are either selling or buying.... there is no "feeling". It's an overused and incorrectly used term that is long past it's zenith, and needs to be put to rest.

If the classifieds were more organized, from a template point of view, they would be eaiser to use and navigate. It would also help curtail the "OmG eBAy"ads that get tossed in.. which should really either be in the hot stove, or actually not posted at all. We've all seen eBay ads that are funny or... just plain weird.
    You usually have to fill one out (template) when you post any other kind of advertisement... even on eBay or your local paper. That's what makes them so readable and easy to use.

Leave a comment:

• TIMMAAYY
    replied
    Bring back Sgt. Banhammer!

That'll show those n0085.

Leave a comment:

• Soritong
    replied
    Originally posted by hrosenberg33
    Sean tried to do something about the frequent bumping, but no consensus was reached and it was left to the membership to police/discourage the frequent bumps.

The problem with that is, with a lot of the newer members, that if you try to police/discourage their actions, they get all defensive and tell you to basically go F yourself and they will/can do whatever the want.

Leave a comment:

• rustpot
    replied
    I'd personally like the commerce section split up.

A section for gloves, one for leg pads, another for C/A's, one for WTB ads, and so on

someone wanting to sell a matching set or everything all at once can do so in the general section, and post a link to the main sale in each corresponding subsection.

That way someone wanting a new mask will go to the mask section instead of posting a new thread- and in going to that section, they wont have to wade through the top 5 pages to get the 6 posts having "mask" in the title, worrying about the ad being too old sicne it's sitting on the fifth page.

bumping will be less common since there will be less to clutter each section, WTB ads will have their own place that people can check first when looking to sell something, and the silly "OMFG look at this ebay n00b's crappy pics!" won't cause someone'd ads to drop back a page or 3 in a day

Just an idea, but i think it will help clean things up

Leave a comment:

• hrosenberg33
    replied
    Originally posted by rod
    Reasonable intervals are fine. A bump on the 2nd day of a 7-day auction seems a bit unnecessary.
    I agree, Sean tried to do something about the frequent bumping, but no consensus was reached and it was left to the membership to police/discourage the frequent bumps.

Anyways, yes, feelers make no sense to me as I usually want to buy gear or sell it...and that is why I have posted. But I doubt anything will be formally done about it.

Hans

Leave a comment:

• rod
    replied
    Originally posted by hrosenberg33
    What's wrong with bumping an ebay auction?

I always advertise my ebay auctions, then bump them at 3 days and 1 day left.
    Reasonable intervals are fine. A bump on the 2nd day of a 7-day auction seems a bit unnecessary.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X