Duplicate posts after errors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate posts after errors

Lately when I try to create a new topic, I usually get an error when I try to submit the post. So I try it again and sometimes it works, and sometimes I have to try several more times until it goes through. However, in most cases when this happens, I end up with duplicate posts, typically one for each time I tried to submit it. For example, if you look at my recent post called "Most Embarrassing Goals, there are two of them due to this issue.

We keep getting duplicate posts and threads because people keep hitting the post button multiple times while its loading. Stop posting several times. If the website gets hung up just hit the reload page button(or F5) and everything should be there after the first time you click post. Just to be safe copy whatever you posted in case it doesn't work that way you don't have to retype everything.

Comment

In my case, the only reason that I hit the post button more than once, is because I got an error message that said that my message could not be posted due to a particular error. In several cases, it said there was an unrecognizable character in my post. I checked the post to see if there were any strange characters, and re-submitted. However, when it finally went through without an error, all of the posts came through.

Comment

I get them too. Every post stalls on my screen. It's labor to use this forum.

Oh well. I try to delete all the duplicate ones because I know it sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by SrSieve View Post
          In my case, the only reason that I hit the post button more than once, is because I got an error message that said that my message could not be posted due to a particular error. In several cases, it said there was an unrecognizable character in my post. I checked the post to see if there were any strange characters, and re-submitted. However, when it finally went through without an error, all of the posts came through.
          I've had the same thing happen a number of times. It's like the process appears to have just stalled....the forum gives me an error, my response is still typed out in the reply box and doesn't show up as a reply. So I'll copy my response just to be safe and then reload the page and then my response is in fact there as it should be. It isn't a matter of people clicking reply a bunch of times while the page is loading, but rather the forum error tricking people into thinking that they need to submit the post again because it didn't work the first time. If I remember right, this only ever happens on my desktop, never on my phone.

Comment

This is happening to me and it's leaving my thread that I posted in the Equipment Forum in some kind of weird purgatory where it shows on the main page but not in the actual forum...

Comment

same here when starting new topic

Comment

yeah and when you add a thread to a topic like "official XYZ" thread the last updated info doesn't change

Comment

Nobody's listening guys. Go post on http://www.thegoalnet.com/forums where everything works perfectly fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X