X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooper SK2000 Facts

Since these classic helmets are getting harder and more expensive to find; I figured I start a thread where some tips and facts about them could be shared.

- The shells for the SK2000M and L are the same. The only difference is that the foam is a little thicker in the M. Don't belive me? Take apart a Medium and see what is written on the inside of the shell.

- The front foam piece from a 2001/2000S will fit into the M/L shell. The back foam piece will not.

- The side pieces are the same for the 2001/S and the M/L (everybody knows this).

- Replacement side pieces for the helmet are part number RSP2000. One of the few Bauer packaged Cooper items. Kinda odd. They only are the external part of the side piece, you need to re-use the "skeleton" white part inside them.
    Name:  07cac38a95dd6fe76e703232560fc869.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  30.5 KB

- The most common breakage of the side piece is that the seat for the screw head breaks out (pulled). You can fix this with the use a nylon washer on top of the seat.
    Name:  51d846da5fb3ee1d58e5456a1bdc3bc2.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  5.6 KB

Please add....

I found some differences as well. I don't know if it has to do with upgrades or the years they were produced.

For instance, i found that the sizing metal tracks inside differed in the way the locks were made(pics to come).

Also, i found one where the foam on the forehead was perforated with several small circle holes(pics to come).

And what is the deal with the sizing and model numbers? You have your original SK2000, then i saw a 2001, then a 2005 . Add to that the S/M/L...which is not always indicated .

I'd love to get my hands on a red shell and 2 white side bars...then i could custom my own HABS one.

Comment

A couple months back on ebay. They had a SK2000 with HM30. The front shell was red, the back shell was blue and the sidebars were white. It would have looked awesome with a Habs jersey.

Comment

While im not set up for pics yet. Im looking to sell my SK2000L/HM30..The Helmet is in excellent shape, Padding is excellent, Mask is in great shape, just has a few minor scratches on it. The helmet is all white. Im looking to get $100.00 for the complete set up...

Thanks, Bruno...

[email protected]

Comment

MTH...

thanks very much for posting a picture of the washer trick... someone mentioned that in a previous thread, and the ol' mind's eye couldn't get a grasp on wht the heck they were talking about.

as for the Bauer part # for the side bars, do you happen to know if the lead "R" in RSP2000 is a color code (in your case for Red) or not?

thanks

>McD

Comment

I can't believe that I actually have one of these and how saught after they are. I swear I didn't have a clue when I bought mine for playing out. Now, I'm looking for an HM30 cage to convert it into a primary or backup goal helmet. It's blue with red side bars.

Mike

Comment

The Sk2500 is a SK2000 without the sideclips. 'Cooper' is printed there.

Can anyone list the stock colors? I've see White, Blue,Red,Black,Yellow and one person here spoke of a green.

Thats probably it I would guess.

Comment

Originally posted by KMcDermott
                as for the Bauer part # for the side bars, do you happen to know if the lead "R" in RSP2000 is a color code (in your case for Red) or not?

Just spoke to Bauer...

Apparently the "R" is not a color code, all same part number.

Also no NOS anywhere that they were aware of. Was hoping he'd say something like "we have them, but you have to order thru a dealer."

Same goes for complete SK2000's...

Hey it was worth a shot.

McD

Comment

The RSP problably stood for Replacement Side Part? I don't know. I just bought a pack of black ones on ebay. The heading on the listing only mentioned "RSP2000" so knowing the part number helped me find them cheap.

Around the time of the Cooper logo change, the SK2000 was offered in S/M/L. Prior to that, the SK2000 was the adult, while the SK2001 was the youth. This is the primary reason why the same shell is used for the M/L since it is the same as the SK2000 "adult".

The SK was offered in all the standard colors (Blk, Wht, Blue, Red) and a bunch of limited colors like Green, Maroon and Yellow were also around. I know Cooper/Bauer makes special batches of colors (minnesota wild green, silver, etc).

I also know that Cooper sold the multi colored helmets from the factory. They had special stickers stating that the helmet was made in these colors. The sticker was on the back right hand side.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt The Hammer
                    I also know that Cooper sold the multi colored helmets from the factory. They had special stickers stating that the helmet was made in these colors. The sticker was on the back right hand side.

Makes sense, as I remember the Oshawa Generals used to have the multi-coloured sk's. The whole team, including the goalies (look for pictures!) wore red/blue helmets back when Lindros was playing there.

Comment

Rico, all you need should be in here.

Originally posted by slayer
                      Makes sense, as I remember the Oshawa Generals used to have the multi-coloured sk's. The whole team, including the goalies (look for pictures!) wore red/blue helmets back when Lindros was playing there.
                      I aquired one of these gems off eBay.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by MTH; 02-13-2007, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                        too bad ol' paper mache skull lindros didn't stick with the sk

Comment

I had no idea these things were so popular - I just sold my sk2000/hm30 combo for like $15

Guess somebody got a heck of a deal....

FWIW, I loved wearing the thing, but switched to a full mask and never went back...

Cheers

Comment

for sale?

Anybody have one they're willing to let go for cheap? I need a backup mask while my regular mask is getting fixed.

Who knows, if I like it enough, I may even end up using it as my primary!

Comment

Did Cooper acquire Win-Well to get the molds, or did they just copy the design very closely?

Comment

Working...
                              X