How to Re-lace your Glove by Goaltendah1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Re-lace your Glove by Goaltendah1

I was able to upload the famous video and with goaltendah1's permission I am making it available for all to see. Please let me know if you are having any technical problems as this is the first time I have used this video uploader from Google.

Enjoy!!!

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=goaltendah1

I believe you can also find it in Google Videos with the search:

http://video.google.com/ and then searching for goaltendah1
    Last edited by hrosenberg33; 04-15-2006, 08:14 PM.

that's timing!

Wow, I sat down ten minutes ago intending to ask a question about glove relacing. I got side-tracked reading a few posts, and then when I went back to the top page, boom! There's hrosenberg's post. Thanks, I'll check it out right now!

Rod

Comment

In the last couple of days people seemed to be looking for this video......so follow the link and enjoy goaltendah1's great re-lacing lesson.

Hans

Comment

For 40 Canadian dollars I recently had my RBK Premier glove relaced an extra 3'' deeper, looks great and eats up any puck that comes near it.

Comment

Next time you should try re-lacing it yourself.

It can seem a little overwhleming the first time you do it, but you quickly become good at it. Saves you money and more satisfying knowing you did it yourself.

Hans

Comment

That was a great clip. Nice to see someone take the time and have the technology and know-how(I am not good with computers) for the rest of us to do a relacing if it is needed or wanted.

Thanks for the link.

Lord of the Cage

Comment

100% Agreed LOTC, this video deserves a spot in the Instructional Hockey Video Hall of Fame - Goalie Category, truly a masterpiece. (I may be exaggerating a little, but you know what I mean).

Hans

Comment

Hmm, that says it all very good job. I am inspired now! i actually had my old 5500 in my hands while i watched just so i could have a great example. Cool. Now do it with a lace.

Just wondering has anyone had to relace their pocket out if necessity? i have never had a glove that i HAD to have relaced, i would like to redo them in a different color or maybe a nice fat skate lace but other than that, beside a repair i dont get why.

OH what is that tool called that you used? a "stitch awl"?

Comment

One question though. Where do I get a needle that large? And how much would one of them cost? I guess thats two questions.

Comment

Here ya go, i gotta get me one too, theyre probably on ebay too. but do a search on a "stitch awl"
                    http://froogle.google.com/froogle_cl...coring=p&hl=en

Comment

Originally posted by Keeps33
                      Here ya go, i gotta get me one too, theyre probably on ebay too. but do a search on a "stitch awl"[/url]
                      See, I didn't even know what to call it Thanks for the info.

Comment

Hmm, that says it all very good job. I am inspired now! i actually had my old 5500 in my hands while i watched just so i could have a great example. Cool. Now do it with a lace.

Just wondering has anyone had to relace their pocket out if necessity? i have never had a glove that i HAD to have relaced, i would like to redo them in a different color or maybe a nice fat skate lace but other than that, beside a repair i dont get why.

OH what is that tool called that you used? a "stitch awl"?

I did mine out of necessity. The double T on my Exceed catch started fraying and the lace was untying. So I chopped the Double T and relaced in skate lace and its now a double floating T. It works for now until I get a new mitt.

Also just this weekend a goalie on my team had a puck go through his Bionic glove. He already had a slight hole in the pocket so that contributed. I relaced it up for him...

Comment

Hey guys, I'm not sure if you can use a sewing awl to re-lace a glove. I could be wrong but I believe it is made to sew leather or thick materials, not pass stuff through. What you can use is these tools below, I bought them at a Michael's (I think). Not too hard to find and great for passing the lacing through the holes.

This tool is perfect for re-lacing gloves, the longer one is decent.

Hans

Comment

How to save the video locally?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'd like to save this video to DVD so that I can use it at home (I only have dailup and it would take forever).

Help? And thanks for the link & video - I need to re-lace both my old catcher and my son's this weekend.

Comment

Yeah the lace in my trapper had frayed, to the point where in 1 spot the lace was only a couple of threads thick.

I went for skate lace when i relaced the glove because thats what I had in my old Brians Air Ace - that thing was like a black hole for pucks (especially since it was a midnihgt series)

Comment

Working...
                              X