Mask paint chip repair questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mask paint chip repair questions

Getting back in the crease after some time off and pulling my mask out of storage there is a paint chip across the front. It looks and feels like the paint has completely come off and the bare weave is exposed.

My assumption would be to fill with some sort of resin, then clear coat? Or can I get away with just copious amounts of clear coat? I am hoping for a DIY solution, but if there is somewhere that could fix this up for less than $50 I would go that route as well.

I'm not worried about what it looks like but want it sealed (and safe). It is an Eddy, not sure of the model (paid around $400 CDN maybe 6 years ago)
    Chipped paint Chipped paint Chipped paint

Looks like damage to the gel coat. Knock off any other loose pieces, be sure there is no damage to the weave. Seal it up with a two part epoxy and sand it to even it out.

Comment

Originally posted by bc30 View Post
      Looks like damage to the gel coat. Knock off any other loose pieces, be sure there is no damage to the weave. Seal it up with a two part epoxy and sand it to even it out.
      Thanks for the info! Going to try some of the Gorilla epoxy to seal it up.

Comment

Pardon the bump... but what epoxy would you guys suggest for filling chips? Gorilla epoxy or do you prefer something else?

Comment

Working...
        X