DIY Elastic bottom pad straps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Elastic bottom pad straps

i bought these @ hardware store. removed the "ball" and just used the stretchy cord http://goaliestore.com/board/forum/e...-toe-straps-13 at least with my Brian's NETZERO pads [not sure about other pads / brands], i can easily remove the stock strap & slide through these elastic cords as a strap. hot glued the cord to a small piece of plastic for a slim profile.[thx Rico]
    Last edited by dean42mvg; 08-20-2017, 01:32 PM.

What's with the mesh on boot of the pad?

Comment

Originally posted by Rico View Post
      What's with the mesh on boot of the pad?

DIY boot risers

Comment

• Rico
        Rico commented
        Editing a comment
        Got it. Are you concerned that the ball is going to eventually rip the stitching out of the strap holder?

not at all, its a perfect fit & the strechy nature of the cord is less tension than with the leather strap. Brian's made the strap pass through a hole for easy replacement or removal

Comment

• Rico
        Rico commented
        Editing a comment
        Huh, cool idea. Could also be a useful trick if you're just missing a leather strap.

Another quick question: That ball, does it get in the way of your skate when pushing from a down position? It's on the inside of the boot, so it might get between your skate and the ice.

good point, i've decided to use a thin piece of plastic instead !!
      Last edited by dean42mvg; 04-07-2017, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Comment

thx Rico ..... i've changed this a bit ..... for a thinner profile where the cord comes through the slot

Comment

Another method is to take a spare mushroom strap, and cut it roughly in half so that there's at least one hole on the tab side and the rest on the other. Slide the bungee through the holes, knot them off and you have a normally functioning strap with elasticity.

Comment

Working...
            X