No announcement yet.

Making a 2 piece goalie skate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not a boney growth its just an oversized callus lol. I have had them my entire life and have never had a problem other than the occasional blister.

Comment

• Rico
      Rico commented
      Editing a comment
      via https://howtheyplay.com/team-sports/...the-Bauer-Bump

"Haglund’s deformity is a bony growth on the back of the heel. It literally looks like an extra bone is growing out of the heel."

This is the definition of what I mean when I say "Bauer bump"

Ok fine, its still not painful though.

Comment

Originally posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
      Unless you bump it against something.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassai View Post

Unless you bump it against something.
        I'm bumping against the base of my chair as I type this, no pain whatsoever.

Comment

I'm bumping against the base of my chair as I type this, no pain whatsoever.
          Take those size 14 Danners off and you might feel something.

Comment

And until it becomes so large you can't wear shoes

It's nature's way of telling you you shouldn't be wearing Bauers

Comment

• Rico
              Rico commented
              Editing a comment
              The odd part is that my player skates are Vapors, and I don't have any problems in the heel area.

The Mako has a pronounced shape, so it may be best for those with rather pointy heels or something...

It doesn't hurt for me either so I can understand what you're saying. However, I had a teammate whose did. Long story short, he needed surgery and was on the shelf for a while...

So yeah, he was a bit of a cautionary tale for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Rico View Post

It doesn't hurt for me either so I can understand what you're saying. However, I had a teammate whose did. Long story short, he needed surgery and was on the shelf for a while...

So yeah, he was a bit of a cautionary tale for us.
              Rico my son got a Bauer bump a few years ago and I subsequently got his skates punched where the bump was located. I continue to get the skates punched on every new pair he gets he has never had any pain nor has the issue gotten worse. Something that you could consider?

Comment

Originally posted by Bassai View Post

Take those size 14 Danners off and you might feel something.
                Hahahaha I don't wear combat boots anymore, been out of the Marine Corps for a few years now. Danners were nice but I never owned a pair lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bc30 View Post
                  And until it becomes so large you can't wear shoes

It's nature's way of telling you you shouldn't be wearing Bauers
                  Idk every hockey skate I have worn since I was a kid has been a Bauer skate. Aside from a blister here and there I never had a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Big View Post

Rico my son got a Bauer bump a few years ago and I subsequently got his skates punched where the bump was located. I continue to get the skates punched on every new pair he gets he has never had any pain nor has the issue gotten worse. Something that you could consider?
                    What's funny is that, the moment I started thinking about switching back to the 11k, my heel stopped bugging me...

weird.

In any case, i think it's because I loosened up how tight I was tying them, which appears to have alleviated the pressure on the heel.

I'm still concerned however, that even if the pain is not occuring, that the callous could continue to grow. Guess I'll just have to observe (or as you mentioned, get it punched a bit. I'm just concerned about the quality of skate techs in my current town...)

Comment

Rico your skates should be easy to punch they have no cowling - my sons bump is on the outside of one of his heels and just where the Bauer cowling ends and the boot begins but we get it done.

​Will be going through this exercise again with his most recent set of Bauer Reactor 9000's shortly!

Comment

With the Mako, you should be able to hit it lightly with a heat gun where the pressure point is, and push it out from the inside with the handle of a screwdriver or the like. I'm sure VH has a youtube video for a similar issue

Comment

Idk every hockey skate I have worn since I was a kid has been a Bauer skate. Aside from a blister here and there I never had a problem.

I never had any problems with Bauer myself, but I know a lot of people whose foot problems went away once they switched to other brands.

each brand has its own foot shape - you need to find the one that fits yours

Comment

Originally posted by bc30 View Post
                            With the Mako, you should be able to hit it lightly with a heat gun where the pressure point is, and push it out from the inside with the handle of a screwdriver or the like. I'm sure VH has a youtube video for a similar issue
                            http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj1hBGcbOJtxYQi4LHXBQtQ

They have several videos but don't remember anything about pushing them out. Could be that since they were made for your feet it isn't necessary. In the heat molding video they do suggest putting quick clamps on the heels to better form it to your foot.

Comment

Working...
                            X