Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goalie Bag repair

Hey guys!

I've got an RBK 3 wheeled goalie bag that has seen... better days. The zippers and fabric are all good. The issue is with the bottom plastic runners and the inside 'plastic' board... Looking at the GT2 Sumo bag at near $400 with taxes/delivery makes me rethink just fixing this bag...

Anyone suggest a good material to use as replacement runners and the inside board?

Thanks!

Kev

Originally posted by Azarius View Post
    Hey guys!
    I've got an RBK 3 wheeled goalie bag that has seen... better days. The zippers and fabric are all good. The issue is with the bottom plastic runners and the inside 'plastic' board... Looking at the GT2 Sumo bag at near $400 with taxes/delivery makes me rethink just fixing this bag...
    Anyone suggest a good material to use as replacement runners and the inside board?
    Thanks!Kev
    http://goaliestore.com/board/forum/e...ken-what-to-do

I have considered using masonite in mine as a replacement for the inside board, but if you shop the hardware centers you may find some plastic that would work.

Comment

Hmmm... I was now thinking of getting some aluminum tubing, and attaching that to a board that goes on the inside of the bag... Much like how the Sumo bags are set up as a fram... Keep the bag rigid so it doesn't drag, which would eliminate the need for the runners on the ouside... hmmm.... masonite...

Comment

• Bassai
        Bassai commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a thought, you can get tubing in round, rectangle or square. Masonite would probably need to be sealed so it won't deteriorate, and manufactured boards like that kick up a lot more dust when you cut them, but it is cheaper than acryllic or other types of plastic sheeting.

After lengthy discussion with the wife, decided on just picking up a Grit Sumo GT2 bag.. Got it on sale for $299. Thing better last at least 3 years or I'll be pissed... Figured after the cost of fixing his old bag, which was in shoddy condition, combined with the price of replacing it with a similar bag every year, year and a half... well we'd give this bag a try...

Will advise how long it lasts!

Comment

Originally posted by Azarius View Post
        After lengthy discussion with the wife, decided on just picking up a Grit Sumo GT2 bag.. Got it on sale for $299. Thing better last at least 3 years or I'll be pissed... Figured after the cost of fixing his old bag, which was in shoddy condition, combined with the price of replacing it with a similar bag every year, year and a half... well we'd give this bag a try...

Will advise how long it lasts!
        How is it holding up?

Comment

Hey, sorry haven't visited in awhile...

Bag is STILL in good condition, and still being used. Couple of minor tears... but all the zippers still work... all of the wheels still roll freely... It IS a big bag though, so if you have a small car it can be of issue... Would recommend, even at the price point if you want something that is going to last years...

Comment

I picked up one of those Grit bags for my youngest son. They are a pain to put in the car. I think the rolling of the bag plus hitting everything you pass kills them in the end. God bless you for using one. Adults in a locker room don't leave much space for these giant bags.

Comment

Working...
            X