Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

GFORM knee Protection

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GFORM knee Protection

    So these guys had a booth directly behind me at the Lets Play Hockey Expo this past weekend. I probably walked by their booth a thousand times (Another booth a team of "dancers" that kept my attention.

    Anyways, broke into conversation with the gentlemen from GFORM and I ended up buying a set of the knee pads from them.






    Let me just say that I think these might be the answer many of you are looking for. It fits along the lines of an UnderArmour shirt, with a gel strip in it to hold it in place. The yellow "foam" is completely flexible so there is no hinderance on movement. Upon impact, the "foam" hardens to protect your knee from impact. I have seen these being used a ton by bikers and skateboarders in the past year.

    They are NOT bulky what so ever, and discreet enough to put on and fit under your sock without effecting the feeling of your pads.

    If you are someone that get squekers to the knee, but do not like the cumbersome feel of the bulky protection out there currently, this is the answer for you.

    Also, from a coaching aspect, I now where these under my warm up suit on the ice. Now, when I have to take a knee, or demo to a goalie...my bare knee is not touching the ice nor do I have HUGE KNOB knees from wearing something similiar to volleyball knee protection.

    And for only $40, you can't go wrong.

    Sorry for the crappy pictures.

  • #2
    Researching now.

    I am looking for something just like this for line hockey. The knee stacks on my 6K RBk suck and even still, I suffer from some under rotating (playing on concrete & all) causing my knee to hit between the stick & pads some times.

    I was looking for some low profile knee pads. Those look like what I am looking for.

    Comment


    • #3
      Do you think this is the type of kneepad that you would use with the kneelock or without it?

      Comment


      • #4
        Nice find, thanks for the review.

        A few questions:

        Would you wear these without thighboards?
        Have you taken a puck to them yet?
        How is the protection to the inner side of the knee?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Gaping5Hole View Post
          Nice find, thanks for the review.

          A few questions:

          Would you wear these without thighboards?
          Have you taken a puck to them yet?
          How is the protection to the inner side of the knee?
          Just looking at them I wouldn't think you would wear them without thighboards as it doesn't look like there is any thigh protection.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bubba17 View Post
            Just looking at them I wouldn't think you would wear them without thighboards as it doesn't look like there is any thigh protection.
            Agreed. I see these as extra landing cushioning

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Spud387 View Post
              Agreed. I see these as extra landing cushioning
              That's why I'm wondering if they would work without kneelocks. If not, I'm not sure if there's much benefit.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Spud387 View Post
                Agreed. I see these as extra landing cushioning
                They do work for that...but I was looking at more for extra protection if a puck has eyes and finds it way through the padding, without hinderance.

                They fit amazingly. Also, from the coaching standpoint...I was able to take a knee and even slide without wrecking my knee on the ice.

                The best thing about them is they are slim, not bulky at all.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Did you use them on ice?
                  They stay in place?
                  Where can I buy?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Question about the exo-padding. I don't wear hockey socks when I play, just Asics wrestling knee pads. Does this padding have a grippy texture that would hinder rotation?

                    Also looked at their product page, not sure if the sleeve itself is neoprene or not.

                    I have to admit that I am intrigued here...also wondering if Mr. Maltese is aware that they sell lace bite pads....GEL lace bite pads.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by stevcito View Post
                      Did you use them on ice?
                      They stay in place?
                      Where can I buy?
                      I believe you could probably buy them on their website. I am interested as well, but I would like to know how is the cushion on them. I like something that does not hurt my knees when I go down, like something with a softer material.

                      Knee Pads | G-Form

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yes, I wore them on the ice

                        The yellow padding is not grippy at all, its essentially just a foam. I wore them under my warmup pants and you would have never known I had them on. I even let one of my kids shoot (softly...think chip shot) at my knee and although I felt impact, I did not feel anything pain wise...felt like taking a shot to the ol DX2s.

                        LOVE THESE THINGS

                        As for the "sock" part of it...its more like a thin underarmour, not neoporene like a knee brace.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jpower79 View Post
                          Yes, I wore them on the ice

                          The yellow padding is not grippy at all, its essentially just a foam. I wore them under my warmup pants and you would have never known I had them on. I even let one of my kids shoot (softly...think chip shot) at my knee and although I felt impact, I did not feel anything pain wise...felt like taking a shot to the ol DX2s.

                          LOVE THESE THINGS

                          As for the "sock" part of it...its more like a thin underarmour, not neoporene like a knee brace.
                          What size did you get? What is your knee measurements? Also, at the top of the knee sleeve, what is the diameter of your thigh?

                          I ask cause, I have very large thighs and braces that extent to far up the thigh don't fit. I wanan buy these, but want to try and make sure i get the right size
                          Last edited by Spud387; 03-17-2011, 01:43 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Spud387 View Post
                            What size did you get? What is your knee measurements? Also, at the top of the knee sleeve, what is the diameter of your thigh?

                            I ask cause, I have very large thighs and braces that extent to far up the thigh don't fit.
                            Great questions.

                            I wanted to buy the XLs, but the guy at the booth recommended XXLs for me. They fit a bit big, but still snug. I plan to stretch them a bit and slid them over my knee braces. Bottom of my quad where the top of the sleeve sits measures 22.5"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If you ever wanna sell those socks...PM please.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X