X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grit Sumo Goalie Bag

Here is my review of the Grit Sumo goalie bag. To start off i use to have a Warrior Messiah goalie bag which worked great for about 4 months then it started falling apart on me. i had the bag for 5 months and buy the end the bottom was really ripped up, the zipper on the top had snapped, the seam on the side was splitting and the fabric on top was starting to separate. I'm not sure if i got a bad quality one or not because my other goalie on the team uses the same bag and his is in mint condition and everything runs like brand new. The only complaint about its design was its very unstable so it would always try to tip over every chance it got. So i decided why spend $150 on a bag that might last only a couple months again when i could spend some extra and get something that sounds great. I was a little skeptical spending $280 on a bag but im so glad i made this purchase.

The bag comes with an aluminum frame and feels very sturdy and durable, plus its collapsible so its great for storage if you don't have huge amounts of spare space

The bag has very good ventilation in my opinion and my equipment is always dry by the next time i play even if i leave it all in the bag.

It has an internal shelving unit which can be removed if you really want to (also if the shelving is removed can fit your legs pads inside also instead of having them strapped to the outside)

Here is what it looks like with my skates, mask, sr catcher, blocker, throat guard, jock, L pants and xl c/p, 4 jerseys, and my hockey cloths.

There is also a removable bag to story your playing cloths so your sweaty cloths are separate from your gear

and on the front flap there are a couple pouches for carrying what ever else you can imagine. I put my inner gloves, a practice jersey and about 6 rolls of hockey tape in mine and i still have 1 empty pouch.

And now to the outside of the bag. There are 2 stick holds one on each side of the bag so the righty goalie are in luck to and each holder can hold 2 stick in case you got a backup stick.

And last is the straps for your pads, well there's not much to say about them the seem pretty durable and work well and the pads don't slip when your moving the bag

Personally i think this bag is amazing! If you have the money to get it, i really think you should. Personally i cant go bag to a regular bag. Ive been using this for a month and everything looks mint. Except one plastic clip has a crack in it from trying to force it into the back of a jeep tj lol but that's my bad. If you have any questions just ask! Here is there website if you wanna see more Grit Inc. - SUMO Goalie Tower

Comment

You're C/A looks rather squished down in the bottom. Is it a hassle at all to get it in?

Comment

It really looks nice. I just don't know if I could justify the price, or fit it in my car.

Comment

Its actually really easy to get everything down there and it looks more squished because there are 4 jerseys on top of the c/p lol. I put my pants and jock on the bottom then i put the arms in the chest protector and it slides in like butter

Comment

Ya the price is hard to justify but if you can do it you wont regret it. Ya if you have a really small vehicle it probability wont fit. It fits in the back seat of my 4dr accord and it fits in the back of a jeep tj. If you have a 2dr coupe it wont fit unless your a miracle worker at sliding the bag over the passenger seat. The bag is a little smaller if you have the leg pads not attached when you have then put on the side.

Comment

I normally throw everything in my trunk, and sticks in the backseat. Most definitely this would be in the backseat. Girlfriends goalie gear wouldn't fit too then

Comment

It might be able to fit in the trunk if the leg pads are taken off the outside...I'll take a look tomorrow when its not dark outside lol. Ill tell you how it goes

Comment

I've got better thigs to spend $280 on
                  Looks like your just paying for alot of bells and whistles

Comment

Im paying to have something actually last i dont wanna waste 140 every 4 months on a new bag

Comment

I've had it up to here ( insert forehead ) with my vaughn. Definitely picking up one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by RothenGator View Post
                        Im paying to have something actually last i dont wanna waste 140 every 4 months on a new bag
                        Come on now, do you think that people actually believe that your buying a new goalie bag every 4 months. Stop running over it with your car, or treat your equipment with a little respect and it would last longer......

Comment

Originally posted by RANGERS #30 View Post
                          Come on now, do you think that people actually believe that your buying a new goalie bag every 4 months. Stop running over it with your car, or treat your equipment with a little respect and it would last longer......

I have a $30 Itech Goalie bag (black, white and grey Camo) that I bought in 2005 and it is holding up great. I had one issue with the zipper that I fixed with needle and thread.

With that being said, I still want one of these Sumo bags!

Comment

Can totally top that. I have a Hespeler player bag from early 2000s that I have and still use. Although, if I want to zip it up I have to leave my mask out of it.

Comment

I've got a CANADIEN brand bag that is at least 20years old that i've used at least 10 years now...so there!

There is the smaller version of the SUMO at 36" or 38" in height. I could surely fit my XL size gear in there, with or without the shelving. It's all in the technique.

If it were $200 tax included, then i'd consider it more. But car space is a major issue for many.

Comment

Working...
                              X