X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaughn 7500 review Pads, Blocker, Trapper

Ok so I owned this set since the beggining of summer. I ordered a set of 33+1 Vaughn v3 7500 pads with the matching v3 7500 blocker and trapper. I got the base colour black (weave) and the accent colours white (weave) with silver logos. I had no mods except for the one self mod on my trapper making a strap longer! Now I have used these pads before: Koho youth pads, RBK P1's, RBK p2's, and 2 sets of 7400's before these. On the gloves I had a Mckenny/Itech set to start off. Then I upgraded to a set of TPS exceed pro's (2 sets) and then a set of RBK P2's then a set of Vaughn 7070's.

Now ajusting to these pads (coming from a 30+1) was a huge ajustment. I played with the strapping a while and settled on going with the 3rd loosed hole on each pad. Then I used the thigh strap and one strap below the knee. Sliding in these pads was a breeze! I could shut my 5-hold shut with no problems and quality is top notch.

Onto the trapper. Now at first I thought it was a nightmare. The glove was twisting around on my hand and would not close. After I made a strap longer so it let my trapper shut fully (i'll send in my next PM) I tighened all the strapping to a happy medium. Now it is snapping shut and not twisting on my hand. The trapper is a tank! I only got one stinger from a Midget AAA shooter in a 3 on 3 Midget AAA camp I was invited to play in.

Onto the blocker. Now a blocker is a blocker. I found it very light and balanced. Nothing wrong with it not a stitch out of place. The palm was very easy to break in and has not yet gotten a hole on it playing 6-7 times a week. Also I use a Command Grip on my stick (Bauer one95). Feel free to ask any questions!
    Last edited by SFGoalie31; 02-08-2011, 06:29 PM. Reason: New Review....

Whats a thread without pics?

Trap pics

10 char
    Attached Files

Comment

More Pics....
      Attached Files

Comment

More Pics....Once Again, Unlike the rx10's mine come with a matching cat.
        Attached Files

Comment

last pic Thanks for reading!
          Attached Files

Comment

can u get some pics of them on your leg i wanna see how loose urs r

Comment

Will do.

10 char

Comment

All strapped up. I wear a size 8 fraken skate ( Nike Bauer Vapor XXX boot w/CCM Cowling and x-blades and I have a 17 atk.

Pics takin in my training area...
                Attached Files
                Last edited by SFGoalie31; 02-08-2011, 07:14 PM.

Comment

here's mine
                  Attached Files

Comment

i like the way kevin poulin weres his pads. cant get a pic

Comment

Like this? http://www.cyberpresse.ca/images/biz...vin-poulin.jpg

Comment

i know this might sound weird but i wear size 6 supremes with an atk of 16". The funny part is im about 5' flat and 5'1 , 5'2 on skates

Comment

Originally posted by gold in net 31 View Post
                          no kinda more like he wears his v4's

Comment

here we go
                            Attached Files

Comment

Oh this way....Super loose. http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...XIaes/439x.jpg you beat me to it! great minds think alike!

Comment

Working...
                              X