Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bauer Rx8 review

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bauer Rx8 review

    Hi guys this is my review of the rx8 set.

    Blocker
    This blocker is very lightweight and very simple to adjust. There is only one strap to tighten or untighten the blocker. The curved finger protection is also a nice touch. One of my favourite things about the blocker is that instead of using fabric on the finger protection and edge of the blocker they used jen pro. This was a great idea for bauer since I know a lot of us dont like having to buy new gear every few months

    Glove
    Once again this glove is very lightweight and relatively easy to adjust. Right now this glove is more broken in than my rbk that I used for a year! I f anyone decides to buy this glove get it thrown in the skate oven it really helps with this specifc glove. What I did to break in my glove is i got it out in the skate oven twice and put it under the coach for a night. The thing I dont like about the glove is that the pocket isn't all that deep but I will adjust.


    Pads
    This pads come with thighwaraps but I took them off as soon as I got home in favor of my kneepads. These pads came pretty broken in but I played around with them and know they are crazy broken in The leg channel is a closed leg channel that has 6 straps one of them being the boot strap.the straps are also adjustable. There are two velcro straps on in the kneelock and one in the calflock. There are know screws in the toetie which is nice [have had bad experiences with screws and toeties]

    Overall I really like this set I got a pretty good deal on these since my goalie coach works at the store I bought these from. If you have any question ask.

  • #2
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Jaker35; 04-06-2010, 10:19 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

      Comment


      • #4
        what size are those?

        Comment


        • #5
          Size

          33+1, I love the colors.

          Comment


          • #6
            Pads look great! I think that the rx7's (what i wear) really need that closed calf wrap. I need to figure out how to make my own

            Comment


            • #7
              They look awsome!

              B-fly pics please

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GBKEEPER View Post
                B-fly pics please
                I will post some up after lunch!

                Comment


                • #9
                  What's your ATK and where does your knee fall on the landing gear? Thanks!

                  Really nice looking gear. The colors look great

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Does anybody know how similar these pads are to the Bauer x50?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      AWein I haven't measured my ATK but my knee is pretty much in the middle of the kneestacks

                      Goalieguy I think these pads would be pretty similar to the x50 since the reflex series is taking over the vapor series.

                      Butterfly pic

                      [IMG][/IMG]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        What are your thoughts on the build quality? Goalie Monkey said these are built a LOT better than the RX7's and I'm intrigued with the new RX8's as a lighter weight pad than I'm currently in. I know they're brand new, but just looking for an initial impression from you, or anyone else that has these. Thanks in advance.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dylanh View Post
                          What are your thoughts on the build quality? Goalie Monkey said these are built a LOT better than the RX7's and I'm intrigued with the new RX8's as a lighter weight pad than I'm currently in. I know they're brand new, but just looking for an initial impression from you, or anyone else that has these. Thanks in advance.
                          These pads look to be built quite solidly. This pad is supposed to be bauer's pad that competes with vaughn and I think they have done a good job with that. These pads feel great on the ice as well.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dylanh View Post
                            What are your thoughts on the build quality? Goalie Monkey said these are built a LOT better than the RX7's and I'm intrigued with the new RX8's as a lighter weight pad than I'm currently in. I know they're brand new, but just looking for an initial impression from you, or anyone else that has these. Thanks in advance.
                            I have been using Rx7 pads (not the gloves) for more than a year. Saw the new RX8/10 in store. My first impression certainly agrees with what you was told by GM, that the RX8 is definitely a step up over RX7.

                            With the old RX5/7/9 line, you can easily see the difference in the 3 quality levels of jenpro. For Rx8, the first thing i noticed was the jenpro looks the same (or at least very very similar) as that on Rx10. From the front, you can hardly tell the difference between Rx8/10. The Rx8 has the leather knee stacks vs nylon ones on old Rx7. Calf wrap/wedge (whatever it's called) on Rx8, none of that Rx7. The landing gear (knee & calf) seems abit harder than Rx7. And most importantly, finally no more stitched graphic on the landing gear!! (IMO the biggest design flaw of Rx5/7/9 line)

                            The Rx8 also seems abit stiffer than Rx7, based on how i remember the Rx7 felt like when new (could be wrong tho). When playin around with the Rx8, the pad structure feels abit "tighter" & more rigid (in a good way), if you know what I mean.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jaker35 View Post
                              These pads look to be built quite solidly. This pad is supposed to be bauer's pad that competes with vaughn and I think they have done a good job with that. These pads feel great on the ice as well.
                              Originally posted by oncogene View Post
                              I have been using Rx7 pads (not the gloves) for more than a year. Saw the new RX8/10 in store. My first impression certainly agrees with what you was told by GM, that the RX8 is definitely a step up over RX7.

                              With the old RX5/7/9 line, you can easily see the difference in the 3 quality levels of jenpro. For Rx8, the first thing i noticed was the jenpro looks the same (or at least very very similar) as that on Rx10. From the front, you can hardly tell the difference between Rx8/10. The Rx8 has the leather knee stacks vs nylon ones on old Rx7. Calf wrap/wedge (whatever it's called) on Rx8, none of that Rx7. The landing gear (knee & calf) seems abit harder than Rx7. And most importantly, finally no more stitched graphic on the landing gear!! (IMO the biggest design flaw of Rx5/7/9 line)

                              The Rx8 also seems abit stiffer than Rx7, based on how i remember the Rx7 felt like when new (could be wrong tho). When playin around with the Rx8, the pad structure feels abit "tighter" & more rigid (in a good way), if you know what I mean.
                              Gentlemen, thank you BOTH for your quick and informative answers! Think I wil go ahead and pull the trigger this week on a pair of 35+1's!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X