X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S-Tech 961-1 Mask Review

I received my new S-Tech 961-1 mask today and I am really impressed. The quality is truly top notch. The finish on it is impeccable and the materials all look to be of the highest quality. The shell is very stiff and you can see the layer of Kevlar throughout it. It seems to be roughly the same weight as a regular 961 and the quality seems to be on par with the Pre-Bauer Pro Itech masks. Fusion really did a good job on this mask. I can't wait to try it on the ice to give more information on how it stands up to impacts. You can really tell that this was made from the actual Jerry Wright molds. The older Matrix masks seemed close to 961's, but were noticeably different in both shape and quality. This does not seem to be the case with this mask. Again, I can only speak from initial impressions, but this mask does definitely seem to be one of the best buys on the market today. I got a 961 for about $450 less, thanks to *******. The mask also came with a cloth carrying bag, and two replacement sweatbands. I am not a huge fan of the S-Tech 961-1 badging on the sides of the mask, so I think I might remove it. This won't be hard since all of the logos on the mask are vinyl. Here are some pictures.

CT

Nice mask !

Comment

Looks like a 961 by my eyes. I can't believe the price and what I have heard. Might be my next mask.
      Last edited by cirav30; 05-21-2010, 03:35 PM.

Comment

The cage is a standard cateye cage. Is there a chance that a stick could get through? Yes. Could a puck get through, no.

CT

Comment

I will so buy this mask!!!

Comment

They also have a full layer of carbon fiber too.

Comment

Sorry to ask this, but I cannot find this mask on the ******* website.......how much was it? Is this the same as the Fusion Pro that is listed on their site for $275??

Comment

Its made from the Jerry Wright Itech molds that they somehow managed to acquire and gain permission to use. As mentioned earlier its got layers of Kevlar and carbon firbre in that i don't believe the fusion models offer (please correct me if i'm wrong)

Comment

You are correct, the Fusions are full kevlar and not an exact copy of the 906 (less ridges, wider fit). They also have a different foam set up.

Comment

I have the Fusion Pro/906/whatever you want to call it on the DS website and I love it. Their work is great. Looks like a great mask, enjoy it.

Comment

Just talked to ******* and they said the lid is $399CDN and has a full layer of kevlar. They said it would go head to head with the 961. Anyone want to buy a texalium hackva off me? lol. Seriously though, I think this is my next lid

Comment

I'd say for sure that this mask would go head to head with the 961. The quality is unbelievable. I can't wait to try it out.

Comment

How do you even go about buying this mask? Could you PM me with info and price?

Comment

fusion mask

can you pm me the info on getting one also thanks

Comment

If you call don ******* they have it-just not on their website yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X