X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vaughn T5500 glove

This is the best glove I have ever used. The comfort is great The glove closes very easily Also I have gotten no stingers.
    Comfort 10/10
    Feel 10/10
    Performance 10/10

Take it easy this is my first review.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ejcom; 02-23-2009, 09:42 AM.

GREAT FOR PUCKHANDLING TOO!
    Just feels better for that but I suppose that could be a preference thing.

Comment

I've used at least 5 different versions of the Vaughn Vision trapper, and I swear by them. The glove control is unmatched in my opinion and it fits my hand the best.

Comment

WOW That thing looks ..amazing!!!! Nice color choice to .. looks really nice...
        Last edited by Puckstopper#88; 12-01-2009, 09:59 PM.

Comment

I've had 5 T5500's and would never wear anything else... My latest is the "Stauber" spec from Stauber's Goalcrease in MN... Vaughn makes them exclusively for them and they are amazing, definitely the best one I've had so far. You can call them and order custom colors or buy from their stock...

Comment

+1 for being the best glove ever. I've had a slew of Brian's (also awesome) because I hated the older Vaughn gloves. I got my first t5500 in '98 and I've used one ever since.

tikigoalie- I was looking at the ones on Stauber's goal crease, how is the feel compared to a standard one?

Comment

Re:

For me the feel was a more comfortable fit with a better close. For more specifics of what actually makes it a Stauber spec, give them a call and ask for Nick, he can give you the lowdown...

Comment

That was a heck of a review!!!! Lots to say about it.

Comment

question for all the 5500 users out there, how often do you guys get stingers? I am seriously considering picking up a 5500 for my next glove and Just want to know how the padding is on the stock glove? Also how much more protection does the pro-palm give you?

For a reference, I am in an itech RX9 and really like the amount of protection it has, I just find it is more of a blocking glove and I get a good amount of pop outs.

thanks and sorry for bumping an old thread.

Comment

I got an 8800 (not sure how it would compare for palm protection), and I got a pro palm. Broke in quite nicely, and now it snaps shut easily. I get stingers rarely, and am very happy I beefed up the palm. Hope that helps...

Comment

thanks, that helps me out a little because from what i have read the 8800 and 5500 are pretty similar now.

Comment

If you catch one in the palm, youre going to feel it, but that's any glove you buy. There's nothing better than the 5500.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I realize I will feel it if it hits the palm and i have no problem with feeling the shot, I would just like to minimize the pain those shots cause.

Comment

I used to be a diehard 5500 user ... but then I got my Kipper Spec V1

Comment

I have an old Bauer Supreme pro glove that is in great shape but I have been debating on getting a T5500 (old spec). Ever since I got my v2 pads and v3 c/a I want to be wearing all vaughn. I found an old spec t5500 which is perfect for me for only $185. Would this be a good deal? i know the glove was $300 + back in the day but since it's old spec the price has dropped. Also, my glove is in great shape and I like it but the vaughn seems to be better for puck handeling which my needs to be improved in my game... hmmm decisions decisions....

Comment

Working...
                              X