X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission Soldier

This is my first review, please bear with me...
    OK, I purchased the Mission Soldier pro spec pads for 200$, I was using Hespeler A9's for about 1 yr. I wanted to have pro spec so I thought 200$ wasn't bad. The pads are 34" and my ATK is 17-17.5".

First Impressions:

Much more narrow than my old A9's.
    Stitching seemed to be just as good.
    Only one knee stack and the knee wing.
    Lots of straps.
    Jenpro on all ice touching surfaces.
    Flexible and light, under 5 lbs.
    Thin as well.
    Nice S curve.
    Plastic thigh rise.
    Offset boot channel.

OK on to review after about 25-30 hrs. of ice time:

My movement is much better with the NHL spec pads, I was suprised by how much of a difference it makes.

I have seen a concern about the protection level as they are Missions and 200$ but I can tell you I have only barely felt one shot and that was from 25 ft. away from an ex ECHL player, maybe mid to high 80mph range. I mean barely, I am not afraid of taking a 100 mph slapshot in these.

They slide well and do have a bit of wear already on the knee, there is a seem on the inside of the pad and that is where it is wearing, but a bit of shoe goo stopped that.

Too many straps!!! 10 straps,
    1 boot
    1 leg channel
    1 knee lock
    4 on calf wrap(2 nylon velcro closure)
    1 above calf wrap
    1 nylon for knee stack and wing
    1 nylon for thigh
    The leather straps are pathetic... they are too thin to last any length of time and I will be replacing them. The nylon well are nylon, what do you want. The velcro on the leg channel, knee lock, and calf wrap is a nice heavy duty velcro, I see it lasting for a long time.

I don't see any problems with the stitching yet, not falling apart any where, I was worried about this with 200$ tag but only time will tell here.

I am overall happy with the purchase! Not bad for 200$

You are wearing these for roller or ice?
    I was thinking of picking up a pair for ball hockey? But maybe they are over protective?
    How flexy are these?
    The knee landing looks like it might be hard.

Thanks for this review.

Comment

mission soldiers

these look very nice... great review, nice photos,etc... I love the mission gear this year. I haven't really checked these out too much though. I'm gett ing the pro pair, but hear all lines this year are great for ice. hope you enjoy them
      thanks for the review

Comment

Those have Eagle Fusion written all over them

Comment

Originally posted by Musclecar View Post
          Those have Eagle Fusion written all over them
          I was thinking more like Itech 11.8 meets RBK..... I have seen the Pro version of these and got to try them on, and these pads are awesome (the whole set that is)!

Comment

I'm using them for ice. I personally think the knee landing is quite hard, if you get them you might want to get the rbk knee pads I reviewed or another knee stack.

Comment

For $200 bucks, looks like you can't go wrong with these.

Comment

I thought that the soldier line was made for Inline?

Comment

If you can try to post some pics of you on the ice with them.

Comment

More pics...of the Maine Coon.

Comment

ice / roller

Originally posted by Danger-man View Post
                      I thought that the soldier line was made for Inline?

all three lines of the syndicate gear can be used at ice... the soldiers are just a bit less durable... however the padding is very similar to that of the pro series... so you won't feel nothing you wouldn't feel from the others... unlike the helium series from last year all three series have leather on the inner leg that slides on the ice, unlike in the past lower level gear used nylon on them which frayed... they are really close to the itech x-wings than anything... photos show similaraties in the inner leg area
                      Attached Files

Comment

So if you were going for ball hockey would you not go for these pads because they are "TOO MUCH PAD" for this?

Maybe 4.8 is better for ball.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by joeysallamander View Post
                          So if you were going for ball hockey would you not go for these pads because they are "TOO MUCH PAD" for this?

Maybe 4.8 is better for ball.

Thanks
                          How can you have too much pad? These are in the same range as the 4.8 anyway.

Comment

hmmm

Originally posted by dreadlockgoalie View Post
                            How can you have too much pad? These are in the same range as the 4.8 anyway.

refering that for ball hockey this may be too much money to spend and shouldn't waste the cash... because for ball hockey you don't need too or as much padding for the protection...however its great price for the missions so I'd get them if I played ball/ roller hockey...

Comment

I know Cheap...
                              Is it just me or is decent gear becoming cheaper and cheaper with this cheap overseas labor and strong consumer demand.
                              The price is crazy....

Comment

Working...
                              X