No announcement yet.

Warrior Ritual G3 Pro Custom Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is x-posted but I thought this was a good thread too and wanted the guys on this thread to get a notification. Got a great deal on Warrior G3 pro set that had been used once. What are you guys finding with the stock knee pads that come with the set? Unfortunately, the knee pads weren't for sale as well but he is sending me a pair of Brian's Pro 2's with them. When I demoed the G3's, the Passaus were pushing too much on the landing gear while in my stance and it felt awkward. Reckon I need a less bulky knee pad. I'm thinking about PAW's....
    Last edited by Mattio; 02-15-2017, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• You'll have to fiddle with the strapping if you use the Passaus. I use the Ritual X Pro which are bigger than the stock g3 knee pads and don't have issues.

Comment

• Mattio
        Mattio commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man!!

• I just located a set of used g3 pro knee pads and ordered... I think they will stick out a tad less on the inside, plus the thigh protection looks rather form fitting on the g3's which I think will help...

Comment

• Originally posted by chakal View Post
        Here's how loose I can get my pads. People were wondering if you can get them loose for those liking to strap their pads that way.

Chakal, do you wear tight socks over your G3 knee pads to help hold them in place? If so, do you mind telling me what size you wear? I was thinking about wearing intermediate size socks over my G3 knee pads when they arrive

Comment

• I wear RBK edge socks which are just enough. With the way they're designed, you should have no slippage issues with these knee pads. I never have. I've gone through 6 pairs already during the experimental phase (Bauer performance, Bauer Supreme, RBK P2, Bauer 1S, Koho 590 pro, Warrior G2 pro)

IMO the best compromise I've found is the Ritual X pro.

Comment

• Mattio
            Mattio commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks man! I figured I couldn't go wrong getting the knee pads that were designed to work with the leg pads. I guess we'll see.. I happened to pick up a pair of Reebok SX100 socks and it says "inspired by Edge" on the package.. Picked them up for my skater bag but don't mind using them for both. A day off from work where you can geek out on hockey gear is great! :-)

Do you wear compression pants under the knee pads? I'm tempted to just wear the knee pads on bare skin and the socks over them so I have one less piece of equipment to put on.... I wonder if the knee pads will slip around more on sweaty skin

• I used to wear them over my compression long pants, but recently I've switched to EC3D half length pants and I don't see any difference in the knee pad staying in place. The material they use to line the knee landing is similar to suregrip - it gets grippier when wet.

There IS one problem: The straps on the knee pads are quite hard so as you bend your knee they will pinch the flesh on the back of the knee. I would use long pants instead.
          Last edited by ruckus007; 02-14-2017, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Now, what I'm thinking is I'll just buy a $10 pair of knee high skate socks and wear the extra pair of jock shorts that I have, so it would be:

Knee high skate socks, then
            Knee pads
            Hockey socks velcroed to jock shorts..

Haha, think I have it figured out. Thanks for the input!

Comment

• no prob. That solution should be absolutely fine. I actually ended up getting my LHS to take off the bottom 2 straps and replacing them with the standard softer black elastics.

Comment

• I haven't had issues with the Ritual X Pro sliding down. I just put them on and then RBK edge socks over them. But the socks are not holding anything. It's just that I hate playing without hockey socks.

Comment

Working...
                X