VH Goalie Skates - These things are Freakin Awesome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bunnyman666 View Post
    I can't get an email through- I got a "failure daemon" notice from one I sent Sunday. I also could not place my order to save my life. I am very, very frustrated with them.
    I know it's the new age of communication but I've heard a lot of guys call then and get all the answers they need. Worth a shot if you really want to get into a pair of their skates

Comment

Originally posted by cwarnar View Post

I know it's the new age of communication but I've heard a lot of guys call then and get all the answers they need. Worth a shot if you really want to get into a pair of their skates
      Hey bunnyman I agree with cwarnar - if you're serious about pulling the trigger give them a call. I know if I decide to buy these for my son I will call them to cover all the questions I might have for them before ordering?

Comment

I think I will call them, though Canada is one of the few places my phone plan doesn't cover 😬

But I think that's were I will go next. Email has been fruitless when trying to reach them.

Comment

• Chester
          Chester commented
          Editing a comment
          Call them over the computer. Skype, face time, etc.

I've been considering a pair of these. I've been in the Bauer One100 skate for about 3-4 years. I wear junior sized skates and with the CAD/USD exchange rate for his junior sizes it'd be cheaper than if I went and got the new top of the line Bauer Supreme skate.

Sore feet due to flat falling arches has always been my biggest issue when I play, slowing me down because it takes me a period or 2 just for my feet to feel good. I've tried everything from Superfeet to the new Bauer heat molded inserts, so I'm hoping a custom skate would be my next step to try and make that feel better.

I've also had no problems contacting them via email. It may take them a day to get back but they've answered all my questions. Now I'm just debating on should I get them or not.
        Last edited by home0006; 01-11-2017, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Snowman30
          Snowman30 commented
          Editing a comment
          You can always order custom Bauers. They have a endless options for custom boots,and you can go back 2 or 3 older models with them.Also the price is a little cheaper if not the same as the VH skates. They are made in Canada at the Canadian pro skate plant in Quebec. I got my two pairs through Roddy at the crease and nailed everything perfect. I am sure Kevin or Jay can do it to.

Comment

That was not me.

But now I now know I'm not the only one with problems with communications with this company. Now if they respondedto emails like they do Instagram DM's- we'd be good! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Big View Post
            Guys whaffling on the VH vs Bauer skates - my current issue with the VH skates are their runners which are basically a player runner! It just doesn't look right to me?
            Scratching my head on that one. Player runners on the player skates absolutely but the onesie goalie skates came with step steel goalie runners.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassai View Post

Scratching my head on that one. Player runners on the player skates absolutely but the onesie goalie skates came with step steel goalie runners.
              Bassai I might have mislead you all - I meant the blade holder, they seem to use the same one for both the player skates and their goalie skates? I know that Price uses this holder - but still having a hard time visually, anyway my son will decide if he likes the look or not .

Comment

It looks like, yes, the holder will be the same for both player and goalie - the steel is different, obviously

Comment

I tried on a pair of the Bauer Supremes and it dawned on me to either be patient with VH answering e mail or bear my Vaughns.

Comment

Originally posted by bc30 View Post
                    It looks like, yes, the holder will be the same for both player and goalie - the steel is different, obviously

​To all just caught the balance of the second period between the habs and Detroit and Price is wearing a pair of VH skates with a cowling ( not sure who's Graf/Bauer) he has been wearing the 2 piece VH skate since the beginning of the year??

Wonder what happened??

Comment

Didn't see it
                      I think he wore graf cowlings before - don't know if it means he broke one and had to go to the backup, or if he's trying to change his luck after a string of less than stellar games

Comment

Originally posted by bc30 View Post
                        Didn't see it
                        I think he wore graf cowlings before - don't know if it means he broke one and had to go to the backup, or if he's trying to change his luck after a string of less than stellar games
                        Bc my exact thoughts!

Will see if he comes back with the VH/Step holder?

This brings up a question about different goalie skate stances - I was with my son last Friday taking a look at the Bauer 1S model. One of the guys at the store got into rant about pushing off your toes vs heel: (wtf) pushing from your heel - my son trains with very good coaches and this was never taught to him? The reason I bring this up is that the guy said depending on which way you push with your foot some skate models are better than others?? I left the store disappointed and confused !

Comment

Ideally, you should push off the middle of the blade. Perhaps your son already does this, so it's not necessarily a topic of discussion for his coaches. I assume if he was doing something "wrong" his coaches would correct it.

Sometimes a coach will ask you to push from the heel to get you to stop pushing with your toes.But really they want you pushing with the whole foot to maximize blade contact with the ice. getting the heel down accomplishes that.

I tend to push from the toes because I'm 54 and have arthritic hips. It's difficult to get my skate flat underneath me, especially the right skate.

Different brands and models have different forward flex, different pitch, and different balance points.

Sometimes, a particular boot may not allow some people to easily get the full blade down, so they end up pushing from the toes.

But I would take any ranting by a skate shop employee with a huge grain of salt, no matter what the topic is.

Comment

Finally got into communcation with them. Yes- their spam filter is CRAZY high!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X