No announcement yet.

VH Goalie Skates - These things are Freakin Awesome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really interested in these myself ! Many thanks for your review.

Comment

I have always wondered if they correct for plantar fasciitis, as it plagues me DESPITE having two surgeries on my feet.

Comment

Originally posted by bunnyman666 View Post
        I have always wondered if they correct for plantar fasciitis, as it plagues me DESPITE having two surgeries on my feet.
        I have had a major flare up of that for the last 6 months and the only time that my feet do not hurt is in my skates.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassai View Post

I have had a major flare up of that for the last 6 months and the only time that my feet do not hurt is in my skates.
          VH's spam filter must be set on super-high. I can't get any answers out of them. I wanted to know a few things plus whether or not they could build a boot with PF in mind.

Comment

VH's spam filter must be set on super-high. I can't get any answers out of them. I wanted to know a few things plus whether or not they could build a boot with PF in mind.
            If you were using their on line contact form it was not working this summer. Try this one, but give him a couple of days to reply: [email protected]

Comment

I won't say that the VH Skates are bad. They're certainly not worse than most of the retail skates available. But I don't think they're all that they're cracked up to be. I felt underwhelmed when I tried mine out and don't feel they lived up to the hype.

Comment

• lbr119
                lbr119 commented
                Editing a comment
                Interesting. Good to hear the other side. What in particular was underwhelming? I've heard they are heavy.

Y'know what I don't wana throw a company under the bus or have an opinion that's gonna come across as me trashing a product. If you guys wana know what my beef is with these skates, you can message me directly and I'll tell you. It is a good product and I'm sure it worked well for most people. But they don't beat my GX2 (or even GX1) skates.

Comment

Guys whaffling on the VH vs Bauer skates - my current issue with the VH skates are their runners which are basically a player runner! It just doesn't look right to me?

I have sent an email to Step to find out if they will be making replacement blades for the new Bauers - if they do I will probably buy my son a set of Bauers. I will also be talking with a goalie dad who has 2 goalies in the family and I believe he is buying the youngest of the two siblings a set of VH skates, the oldes already has a set of their 1 piece skates (yes they do weigh a ton) and I believe the second sibling is getting a pair with the Bauer Vertex (old model)

Comment

• lbr119
                  lbr119 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I know STEP Bauer Blades will be available in Canada this year. Not sure about the US. Also there is Tydanblades as an alternative.

The only reason I love my VH skates are because they fit me properly thanks to my wonky feet. I've only every worn Bauer one60 skates so I have nothing to compare to. But I tried all the brands and none of them were even close to being comfortable without being a couple of sizes too big. I know they're lighter than my Bauers, but they're old anyway.

Comment

I can't get an email through- I got a "failure daemon" notice from one I sent Sunday. I also could not place my order to save my life. I am very, very frustrated with them.

Comment

I can't get an email through- I got a "failure daemon" notice from one I sent Sunday. I also could not place my order to save my life. I am very, very frustrated with them.
                    ​bunnyman - not sure why you are having problems but I have been in communication with them until very recently ( in the last week ) and have been getting quick responses, within a couple of days!

Comment

Originally posted by Big View Post

​bunnyman - not sure why you are having problems but I have been in communication with them until very recently ( in the last week ) and have been getting quick responses, within a couple of days!
                      Do you have a different e mail address?

Comment

No its the one on their web site!

Sorry

Comment

I have come to the realisation that I will not have a pair of their skates as I am very frustrated with this company.

I don't mean to come of melodramatic, but e mails either don't get answered or bounce and I was unable to complete my order. I would love to get a pair, as Tommy Wingels went on and on about them when he warmed me up last summer, besides the great reviews here and everywhere else.

Just bummed, that's all.
                          Last edited by bunnyman666; 01-10-2017, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X