X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior Ritual Pro Knee Pads Review

This is a quick review for those wanting to know more about these knee pads, or potential buyers. I have used this set for about a month now, and all pics are from when they were brand new. Enjoy.

Quick Intro:

Goaltenders are usually quite finicky about knee pads. Some usually ditch them for thigh wraps (As I previously did) because of the bulk. After attempting to at least try kneepads over the past couple of years, I found myself returning to thigh wraps because they just didn't feel right. Most recently I returned my Vaughn 7990's because they were just too bulky, and made my knee feel "artificial" in the knee stack. Recently, I decided to give knee pads another shot and was very intrigued by the new Warrior Rituals. After just trying them on in the store I was sold. They seemed to move great with my knee joint, without the unnecessary bulkiness.

Performance Review

These knee pads have held up great over the past month, quality of material is not an issue. The thing I love about them is how they move with your knee, not against it. On the ice, I completely forgot I was wearing knee pads.

What allows for this great range of motion is the three piece low profile design that slides over and under each other with ease. Like an armadillo's shell.

Protection wise, these have held up well to shots. They don't have the most protection compared to other knee pads, but aren't the worst. Comparatively they are a step up on protection compared to my old thigh wraps but not as good as say a Reebok. The tight fitting design although allows them to fit in many types of knee cradles, including Vaughn.

I noticed after usage yellow liner works well at drying moisture quickly, but unfortunately is only on the top part of the knee pad. These do stay in place on my knees very well, and I have not experienced any slippage (although I do attach a garter belt to them, and would highly recommend using one). The only problem I have experienced is the bottom part (which attaches to your knee) getting caught and stuck over the middle piece.

All in all I really like all of the innovation put into these knee pads, and highly recommend them. I actually enjoy wearing them!

I have attached some pics below to show the insides, wearing while standing up and in the butterfly. Thanks for reading, if any questions arise feel free to ask.

I have the Ritual knee pads as well, and agree with your assessment in general. However, I have found that when worn as marked (i.e. right and left), the center part on the inside of the knee pushes out the leg pad landing gear, and prevents me from closing my pads while standing. I am going to try reversing them, right for left and vice versa, because the outside part of the center pad is thinner and will hopefully not push out the landing gear, at least not as much.

Comment

Great review!

Has anyone tried these and the new Bauer Supremes? I would love to hear a comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by aegean View Post
        Great review!

Has anyone tried these and the new Bauer Supremes? I would love to hear a comparison.
        There is a review near the bottom of the Equipment Review Forum.

http://www.goaliestore.com/board/equ...ad-review.html

Seems like a solid review, take a peek

Comment

I have had no issues with my Warrior knee pads. I wear a knee wrap underneath the knee pads and have no slippage. Fortunately/unfortunately I have never been hit in the knee with them after over a month of play. I have honestly only ever been hit directly to the knee one time. It hurt enough for me to ditch thigh wraps and switch to knee pads. If I ever catch a puck to the knee I'll comment on the protection.

Comment

I have worn these knee pads in combination with the Warrior Ritual Pro leg pads and Warrior pants since May. I haven't worn separate knee pads since my leather leg pad days, but these are great. They stay up (I don't wear anything other than the straps), don't interfere with pads or pants (at least when worn under hockey socks).

I play against mostly 'B' level shooters with some 'A', have taken 5 or 6 shots directly on the knees with little pain and no bruising. Once strapped in, I don't even notice them during play. Highly recommend this for comfort, mobility, and great protection.

Comment

Has anyone tried these in a Vaughn knee cradle, especially a V5? Cuz Vaughn's own knee pads seem to be too bulky for their own pads.

Comment

Warrior Ritual Knee Pads

I have been using the Ritual knee pads now for about a month. At first, they were very comfortable. But the problem that I thought and happened today was the middle knee piece. I was down in the butterfly and took a shot to the knee area, lets say a lot of pain and bruising. I was using the Brown knee pads for over 2 years and had been hit, without any pain or bruising afterwords.
                when you squeeze that piece it appears to be a good strong protective foam or plastic. Put them on and hit it with a puck and you can defiantly feel it. I was reluctant to by Warrior, but all the reviews seemed a good product.
                Anyone else have this same issue. Thanks for your input.
                Last edited by RANGERS #30; 09-08-2013, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TsuTo View Post
                  Has anyone tried these in a Vaughn knee cradle, especially a V5? Cuz Vaughn's own knee pads seem to be too bulky for their own pads.
                  I wore them today with a set of 7990 pads that I am trying out. I did not have any "compatibility" issues. As far as the knee pads themselves, they are ok, not my first choice. I find they slip when I wear long compression pants and they irritate my knees when I wear short compression pants ) as I did today. I have two spots where they rubbed the skin off my knees.

I have tried the trinity of these clamshell style knee pads, Passau, Bauer and Warrior. Best I can say is that I dislike the Passa the least. For comfort, stability and mobility, the Bauer Reactors are great. Great until you get clocked in the knee and then they are not so great. Better than nothing, but that's it.

I have considered the Maltese, but they are a little pricey and nobody there will tell me why they charge so much to send me something Priority Mail.

Comment

Yes these fit pretty well in a Vaughn cradle, albeit snug. You are prioritizing mobility over protection when buying these. They're not bulletproof but hold up decently, good for redirected shots. Not as much protection as the Vaughn's but i'd rather have the mobility these provide.

Comment

Originally posted by RANGERS #30 View Post
                      I have been using the Ritual knee pads now for about a month. At first, they were very comfortable. But the problem that I thought and happened today was the middle knee piece. I was down in the butterfly and took a shot to the knee area, lets say a lot of pain and bruising. I was using the Brown knee pads for over 2 years and had been hit, without any pain or bruising afterwords.
                      when you squeeze that piece it appears to be a good strong protective foam or plastic. Put them on and hit it with a puck and you can defiantly feel it. I was reluctant to by Warrior, but all the reviews seemed a good product.
                      Anyone else have this same issue. Thanks for your input.
                      Same here. I took a not so hard shot to the knee today and it stung a bit a left a bit of a bruise. I was expecting a bit more protection...

Comment

Working...
                      X