GNEtik Pants review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNEtik Pants review

I had a chance to use my new Brian's G-Netik Pro pants last night. Here is a quick review.

Fit - The pants are a medium. I have a 33-34 inch waist. The G-Netik pants fit a bit tight. I did not notice it during play or feel any discomfort, they just fit tighter than my Reebok 11k which are also a medium. It could have been that they were new and stiff, so they may loosen up over time. They were definitely too tight to tuck my CA.

Protection- Pants are well padded. I did not have any issues here. Tank-like as they say. There are removable thigh pads inside the legs. I left these in, but they could probably be taken out without any concern. I'll give that a try next time.

Blocking/Size - Size as in how much blocking area you have as opposed to fit. The thighs are big, blocky and square. There is a lot of surface areas here.

Mobility - Given how snug they felt when I put them on, I was happily surprised with the mobility. Very mobile, very light. Made an acrobatic desperation save late in the game. No issues with mobility.

General comments - The pants are well made. The materials appear to be high quality in keeping with the G-Netik line. The stitching is good. Overall a high quality pant. I am short, so the length of the pant is important to me. I had no issues with the pant leg interfering with pad rotation or getting caught on the knee blocks.

Overall a nice high quality piece. I imagine that they will improve as they break in and I expect my initial reaction to them will only improve.

If you tuck you C/A, you'll probably be better off moving up a size.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Didthatgoin; 03-08-2013, 12:00 PM.

Very nice.

I was looking forward to someone doing a review on these bad boys.

Comment

Still haven't had a chance to try mine yet, fml

Did you go custom with the Chicago stripes down the side?!

Comment

Yes. I had Brian's add the stripe. Roddy at TGC took care of me on this one. He's the man.

Comment

Didthatgoin, any more impressions after a few skates? I seem to have become an unabashed Brian's gear whorestitute, so I ordered a pair of these that I should be getting soon, along with about every other major piece of gear I use (I feel like a Nascar driver-there are so many Brian's B-Stars on me at this point I may as well be sponsored).

What I'm most interested in is a combination of protection/weight and mobility. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the protection in my McKenney 870s, in fact, I've never been pinged or stun in them at all, they are just diaper-ish and I feel a bit heavy. Do the GNetik pants kind of give some relief to that general goalie feeling of wide *** loads and a full diaper?

Comment

Originally posted by troppa View Post
            Didthatgoin, any more impressions after a few skates? I seem to have become an unabashed Brian's gear whorestitute, so I ordered a pair of these that I should be getting soon, along with about every other major piece of gear I use (I feel like a Nascar driver-there are so many Brian's B-Stars on me at this point I may as well be sponsored).

What I'm most interested in is a combination of protection/weight and mobility. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the protection in my McKenney 870s, in fact, I've never been pinged or stun in them at all, they are just diaper-ish and I feel a bit heavy. Do the GNetik pants kind of give some relief to that general goalie feeling of wide *** loads and a full diaper?
            I think they are much less bulky than other goalie pants, but do not sacrifice anything when it comes to protection. From the first wear, I was surprised at how very mobile they were, especially considering the snug fit and slimmer profile (for goalie pants anyway). So to answer your question, if you are looking for a less bulky pant, this might be it.

I ordered a medium, which while they fit (I am a 33 waist) they don't allow much room to tuck my CA. They are smaller in the waist than my Reebok 11k medium. To be clear, they are not tight or restrictive and they may eventually loosen up to the point that I can tuck the CA.

The length is exactly right for me ( I am short, so this is a concern) and they have plenty of protection, especially on the thighs. The thigh pads are big and wide. There is a lot of blocking surface. They seem to be very well made.

Comment

Any update on how these are doing for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Retroxvertigo View Post
                Any update on how these are doing for you?
                +1 on this.

Comment

I did wind up buying a pair of them, and let me just say, they are amazing. I still think 350 bucks for any kind of hockey pants is a bit excessive, but as far as the quality of the product, I guess you can make that justification. They are tremendous goal pants.

Comment

What's the difference between the Gnetik and B-Star lines of goal pants? Any big difference? Is one more popular or reccomended over the other?

Comment

Esto you're in a world by yourself on here. Come over to http://www.thegoalnet.com/forums/

Comment

• estogoalie
                        estogoalie commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm in a class of my own, yes, I know, thank you
                        ...ok, I'll check it out
                    Working...
                    X