Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bauer One60 Pads Review

Bauer One60
    So this is my kinda short review on the Bauer One60 Leg Pads. Now coming from Using the TPS Summit Pads these were a huge improvement. I am more of a butterfly style goalie. My old pads were 34+1 but i went with a 36+1 Which felt right.

Mobility These pads are super light. My old pads felt pretty clunky compared to these. I am able to get around the crease with ease in these, And with the adjustable knee i have it with my knee set up exact

Protection/Rebounds Simply put, I trust these pads. For being the lower end side of the line they are great. I have great rebound control with these. These things being so light i have no trouble kicking out towards the boards.

Break In These pads were great out of the box. I got the regular flex which i feel was great for me. The day i got these pads i used them in a game, and i played better than i usually do. These took nothing to break in and were great from the go

Quality These pads were great for the money. Even though these were the lower end of the product line in this series, they held up very well. I have been using them for a bout a year and i have had no tears, no buckles or anything break on these. I use them about 4-5 times a week in Rec and High school play. These are great pads for the money i paid for them. I paid about $350 for them at my local store. If you are looking for a good set of pads that wont set you back in the bank, These are for you.

Overall 8/10

How can you comment on the wear? What I mean is has any of the stiching gotten "fuzzy" on the pad? Have you had any binding on the boot wear down?

Oh seeing as I'm the first person to comment... Pics or didn't happen?

Comment

Originally posted by kedjlng3 View Post
      How can you comment on the wear? What I mean is has any of the stiching gotten "fuzzy" on the pad? Have you had any binding on the boot wear down?

Oh seeing as I'm the first person to comment... Pics or didn't happen?
      i posted pretty early last night. Im putting them up today haha. Ive only had one of the stitching become fuzzy. Currently no wear on the binding of the boot.

Comment

Pictures

Best ones i can do At the moment until i find a better camera haha. Cell Phone pictures.
        Attached Files

Comment

My son tried them on last week at planet goalie. He's small, so junior pads, but probably close to what you got. They're very nice, and great workmanship for the price.

Mike put him in a one60 and an RX6 LE and had him butterfly a few times on the sythetic ice. Then we asked him which he liked better and he looked at us like we were crazy. I don't think he remembered he was wearing two different pads. We got the RX6's mostly because he liked the look better, but his butterfly is pretty narrow, so it seemed logical too.

The only thing I liked better about the one55's he outgrew was the bolt on toe bridge. The holes through seem lighter but less durable. Any tearing in that area or issues with the holes getting bigger due to the laces always pulling and shifting there? The RX6's and one60's are the same design there.

Thanks,
          Todd

Comment

Originally posted by toddler View Post
            My son tried them on last week at planet goalie. He's small, so junior pads, but probably close to what you got. They're very nice, and great workmanship for the price.

Mike put him in a one60 and an RX6 LE and had him butterfly a few times on the sythetic ice. Then we asked him which he liked better and he looked at us like we were crazy. I don't think he remembered he was wearing two different pads. We got the RX6's mostly because he liked the look better, but his butterfly is pretty narrow, so it seemed logical too.

The only thing I liked better about the one55's he outgrew was the bolt on toe bridge. The holes through seem lighter but less durable. Any tearing in that area or issues with the holes getting bigger due to the laces always pulling and shifting there? The RX6's and one60's are the same design there.

Thanks,
            Todd
            I have had no tearing at all on these pads. The spacing on the toe ties occasionally get spaced but it can easily be pushed back to its regular spot.

Comment

Thanks. The spacer is a nice feature.

Comment

Originally posted by toddler View Post
                Thanks. The spacer is a nice feature.
                No Prob. Its actually one of my favorite too.

Comment

If your using 4-5 times a week for high school, I personally would have at least went with the one80's. I guess if there is no wear though...

Comment

Originally posted by nma0238 View Post
                    If your using 4-5 times a week for high school, I personally would have at least went with the one80's. I guess if there is no wear though...
                    I know. Im surprised that there isnt much wear for using it that much. But they seem to work for me

Comment

Great review. I to also have a set of Bauer One60 pads. By far one of the best set of pads I ever owned, and for the money they've held up really great. Far enough I don't play as much as you do (twice a week in a men's beer league) but still great pads. Thinking about getting another pair as a back-up set.

Comment

Originally posted by dryden29 View Post
                        Great review. I to also have a set of Bauer One60 pads. By far one of the best set of pads I ever owned, and for the money they've held up really great. Far enough I don't play as much as you do (twice a week in a men's beer league) but still great pads. Thinking about getting another pair as a back-up set.
                        Thanks! Glad you liked it. I wish there were more color options for the one60s tho

Comment

Is there a huge difference betwen 60 and 80 ? I mean, I play in a beer league and I don't think that I will go far as that ... so Is the 60 is enough protective / durable, or it's just a waste of money to buy 60 ?

is the 60 VS 80 is like rbk 6k VS 8k in term of quality ?

Comment

Originally posted by adsac88 View Post
                            Is there a huge difference betwen 60 and 80 ? I mean, I play in a beer league and I don't think that I will go far as that ... so Is the 60 is enough protective / durable, or it's just a waste of money to buy 60 ?

is the 60 VS 80 is like rbk 6k VS 8k in term of quality ?
                            I had the 60s for a day before I traded them back for a set of the one80s. The major differences aren't much. Instead of screen printed graphics, the colored part of the design is a weave material...but there's still a lot of the graphic that's screen printed.

Other difference is that on the one80s, all the straps are leather and removable.

I'm not sure if this is also true for the pads, but on the one80 glove/blocker everything is "leather" but on the 60s they use some nylon.

As with all Bauer gear, the stitching on the lower end stuff sucks. I'm surprised the OP hasn't had any issues. Just butterflying on the first day caused a stitch to pop out of one the straps.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauseman7 View Post
                              Bauer One60

Break In These pads were great out of the box. I got the regular flex which i feel was great for me. The day i got these pads i used them in a game, and i played better than i usually do. These took nothing to break in and were great from the go
                              Nice review Pausie... it's amazing how easy it is nowadays to play better in brand new pads! I ended up with a shutout in my One100's in my 1st game! I let in only 1 goal in the next game while subbing for another team... amazing confidence boost!

Comment

Working...
                              X