No announcement yet.

GX1 Skate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step Extreme is the ticket for this cowling. I am so peeved at the so-called custom guy at an outlet to not be named who steered me to the regular Step steel for this. I do have an extra set of steel *just in case* that is 10 million x better than the original steel.

If you're ordering new GX 2, order it with the Step Extreme, not any of the others offered (regular or player radius) unless you are used to playing on short steel.

Comment

• Hey Bunny, how are your skates coming along? How's the Extreme step steel? Had some minor issues with my GX1. There's a pressure point on the inside left ankle bone area. Its minor pain wise but I know its there. There was a burning sensation on the right instep. It almost became a skate blister if I kept skating. Now in fairness I did not bake them and I skated in a public skating session. I really want to make these skates work. Wore them twice at home without socks to continue the break in process. Been thinking about getting the step steel and mostly what I read online leans towards getting regular step since the extreme is overkill. The extreme caught my eye first. I go down in a butterfly but I am not a pure/true butterfly goalie. I still shuffle side to side. So perhaps extremes wont be a good idea for my style. What's your experience and opinion? Thanks.

Comment

• I am having a HORRIBLE time breaking in my GX2 skates. I know that I only skate in them once per week, but I have had these for quite awhile and they STILL hurt!!!!

I love the Extreme blades for these because even with regular Step, they are lower than my Reebok with Step. I can make butterfly moves with them. Like you, I also shuffle.

Bake them twice and I think you will be fine. The GX1 were easy for me to break in.

Comment

• Bunnyman I know when I was having trouble baking my Bauer 5000 skates I actually wore wet socks and then heated up the skates, that helped quite a bit

Comment

• Originally posted by bunnyman666 View Post
            I am having a HORRIBLE time breaking in my GX2 skates. I know that I only skate in them once per week, but I have had these for quite awhile and they STILL hurt!!!!

I love the Extreme blades for these because even with regular Step, they are lower than my Reebok with Step. I can make butterfly moves with them. Like you, I also shuffle.

Bake them twice and I think you will be fine. The GX1 were easy for me to break in.
            Well I'm happy to say that there was no pain/discomfort with the GX1 during a sticks and pucks session this past Saturday. I even went in the nets for a few shots. Other times I was skating with my son. The skates felt so comfortable. Since my last post I've worn them in the house with and without socks. No pressure in the ankle bone and no feeling of a burning blister. I did wear thinner hockey socks than the first time out. I have Graf 750 skates so I was going to ditched these skates...glad I didn't. Now time to bake them and get some step steel.

Comment

• **** guys, between this thread and the GX2 thread I really have an itch to try a Vaughn skate. I still have a brand new pair of Bauer 7000s that I haven't gotten into yet though.
              Last edited by SaveByRichter35; 12-19-2016, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by goalieworld35 View Post

Well I'm happy to say that there was no pain/discomfort with the GX1 during a sticks and pucks session this past Saturday. I even went in the nets for a few shots. Other times I was skating with my son. The skates felt so comfortable. Since my last post I've worn them in the house with and without socks. No pressure in the ankle bone and no feeling of a burning blister. I did wear thinner hockey socks than the first time out. I have Graf 750 skates so I was going to ditched these skates...glad I didn't. Now time to bake them and get some step steel.
                I am thinking of punching out spots on mine. It is just the polar opposite of the GX-1 skates for me, unfortunately

Comment

• Originally posted by Catsmeow35 View Post
                  Bunnyman I know when I was having trouble baking my Bauer 5000 skates I actually wore wet socks and then heated up the skates, that helped quite a bit
                  I always mist whatever I am baking down with water. These skates are to the point of being punched, unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by bunnyman666 View Post

I am thinking of punching out spots on mine. It is just the polar opposite of the GX-1 skates for me, unfortunately
                    I was gonna punch the inside ankle area on the left skate but during my last skate no pain/discomfort. Gonna skate in them again before I use them in a game, but as of now they will be the skates I do you over my Grafs. I don't see myself going to the GX2 due to what im hearing about the stiffness. The GX1 are stiff enough for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by goalieworld35 View Post

I was gonna punch the inside ankle area on the left skate but during my last skate no pain/discomfort. Gonna skate in them again before I use them in a game, but as of now they will be the skates I do you over my Grafs. I don't see myself going to the GX2 due to what im hearing about the stiffness. The GX1 are stiff enough for me.
                      It is claimed that they are the same boot with cosmetic differences, but not for me!
                      Last edited by bunnyman666; 12-29-2016, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X